PDA

View Full Version : party poker or pokerstars

bdubbers
02-25-2005, 04:13 PM
i noticed most people on here have been posting hand historys from party poker. i was wondering if this is where most people play and why. I've been playing at pokerstars 10+1 for the last week and have quadrupled my initial 50 dollar buyin(actually started at 5+50). i know with a small sample this could just be a run of luck, but i feel i've been pretty successful there and am pretty confident against the competition i normally face. so is there a reason more people on here seem to be playing on PP? i'm assuming this has something to do with the difference in stack size(and possibly blind raises).

jah0550
02-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Your hourly $ is much higher on Party than Stars. Someone said a few days ago that the average Party tourney lasts somewhere between 37-40 minutes. I know that Stars tournies last upwards of an hour and a half. I switched from Party to Stars and back to Party, because my hourly was almost 3x better on Party.

bdubbers
02-25-2005, 04:28 PM
is the play any different? i know you get about half the chip stack. is the competition similar? does the smaller stack force more aggressive play? i definately understand the time difference, but i still consider myself a "work in progress" and im wondering if there is a different style of play needed to beat the PP sngs than the ps ones. i guess i could try them and stick to the 10+1 sng guide on here. it doesnt look all that different than my play at pokerstars.