PDA

View Full Version : In the money : big stack vs 2 allins

TheEnd
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi all, here s my first post... Be nice!

I m playing 10+1 STTs on party ( I m new to these STTs ) and I thing I played this hand wrong. When the BB went allin, I thought "cool, we re HU now" and I folded. Then I realized that I could have won this tourney with my draw....

This time my play IMO was terrible but if the BB and I had the same stack, would a call become a bad idea ( bad Cev but good $ev ? ) ?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t5020)
BB (t2450)
Button (t530)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t530 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t280, BB calls t30.

Flop: (t1590) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1920 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Turn: (t3510) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t3510) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3510

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Th Qs (one pair, tens).
Button has Jd 9h (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: BB wins t3510. </font>

UMTerp
02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I think all three of you played the hand fine.

One viable option for you would have been to push preflop to shut out the big blind and get about 4.5:1 on your probable 55-45 (one way or the other) shot, but calling isn't bad either - gives you two chances to bust the short stack instead of one.

BB's all-in announces a 9 or a T, and you don't have odds to try to catch up when he pushes.

UMTerp
02-25-2005, 04:00 PM
The more I think about this, I like a push preflop. If you lose, you're still the big stack and can regain your lost chips with no problem since they would be two even stacks and would be playing a waiting game for 2nd place, and if you win, you're in great shape.

Regardless, if you made an error, it was preflop, not on the flop.

ColdestCall
02-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I think the fold post flop was fine.

I agree with UM that you need to push pre-flop to isolate the button. BB is highly unlikely to call your push, it is only going to cost you 280 if you lose your push to Button, it's not the end of the world if BB calls your push and you lose, and, if you lose to the button, you don't really mind evening up button and BB's stack a bit as you are then going to steal even harder.

stupidsucker
02-25-2005, 04:35 PM
I push it preflop... If I do what you did, then I would fold on that flop too.

BB will fold almost anything for the chance to glide into 2nd including his QT.