PDA

View Full Version : QQ from SB v. LRR

RunDownHouse
02-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm just getting back into the swing of things, so no PT stats! All I've got on him are a couple reads. I've been at the table for 4 or 5 orbits and so far he seems loose and passive. I don't think I've seen him raise pf yet, and he check-folds a lot.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Especially at 1/2, people LRR with goofy stuff. If my read on him as really passive was firm, I'd be more concerned, but I have no trouble capping this.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.
Here I smooth-call the raise planning to raise any non-A turn. Good?

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.
Great!

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.
Final Pot: 15 BB
I led out here hoping to get calls from AK, TT and worse. I also figured that there was no way I would get raised unless he LRR with AJ or JTs or something. Once I did get raised, should I have folded? It seems like there is no way QQ is good here, but it hurts so much to fold...

Danenania
02-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Think I would just call down after his flop raise, as you are in way ahead/way behind territory. If I felt confrontational I might raise the river (on a blank), but not the turn. I wouldn't fold the river based on a 4-5 orbit read only.

RunDownHouse
02-25-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Think I would just call down after his flop raise, as you are in way ahead/way behind territory.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am? By this I'm going to assume you're putting the opponent on AA/KK/JJ. I'm not quite ready to give him that much credit just because he limp-reraised me... at least, not yet.
[ QUOTE ]
If I felt confrontational I might raise the river (on a blank), but not the turn. I wouldn't fold the river based on a 4-5 orbit read only.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of hands that I beat will call a river bet but check behind. Also, don't you think that AA/KK (and maybe JJ) would have 3 bet me on the turn? Given that he just called the turn, I think I've got a lot of flexibility for the river, since the villian will probably check it to me.

King Yao
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I think you played it well on every street.
I'm assuming you lost this hand when he showed you a J though, cause that's when people start wondering if they played it correctly.

RunDownHouse
02-26-2005, 03:50 AM
When villian flat called the turn raise, I felt confident I was ahead of AA/KK/AJ.

When villian raised the river, I felt sick... and he turned over KK, MHING.

Jeff W
02-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Your opponent deserves props for the river raise.

You played the hand well on every street.