PDA

View Full Version : 93/off in SB on PP

BB King's
09-11-2002, 09:18 PM
There is 4 limpers to me in the small blind. I complete with 9d3h. The big blind checks.

FLOP: [ 3c 8d 2c ]

I check - so does BB. 1st limper bets - 2 limpers call - one folds. I call - so does BB. 5 players and 5 big bets in the pot.

TURN: [ 3c 8d 2c ] [ 3s ]

I check - so does BB. 1st limper bets - one limper calls - one folds. I raise. BB folds - the two limpers call. 3 players and 11 big bets in the pot.

RIVER: [ 3c 8d 2c 3s ] [ Jd ]

I bet. 1st limper calls - 2nd limper raise. I call - 1st limper folds.

How do you like my play on the turn ? Going for a check/raise !? Is that automatic ?
How do you read the 2nd limper ? How do you rate his play ?

Any comments appreciated !

Thanks, BB King's ... formerly known as the pokerplayer formerly known as Jack

JTG51
09-12-2002, 02:01 AM
I like your check raise on the turn, and I'd have to know what the second limper had to rate his play.

More importantly though, why the heck were you in the hand? There's no reason to call from the small blind with 93o. That's WAY too loose. Are you looking forward to being first to act with 9 high? What flop other than 993 makes you happy with that hand?

Bob S.
09-12-2002, 02:02 AM
First of all...this is an absolute trash hand that should not be played in the small blind, even if you are getting 11-1 on the completion. You are getting good odds for a call on the turn if you feel making your two pair or trips will be the best hand. Something doesn't feel right about this hand however...I like the checkraise but there doesn't seem to be much fear by the limpers of that board pairing....although there is a flush draw and a small straight draw out there to be calling with. I think the limper must have been slowplaying 22 or 88 looking for overcalls on the turn and trying to make as much as he could knowing you would come out betting on the turn, the river is a totally useless card and now he raises the both of you and at this point he must know you have trips after your checkraise on the turn. Unless he is out of line or on crack i think you are beaten here.

Bob S.

BB King's
09-12-2002, 05:05 AM
I can't think of any hand that justificates the actions of the 2nd limper. Hence the Q: How do you rate his play ?

--

RIVER: [ 3c 8d 2c 3s ] [ Jd ]

I bet. 1st limper calls - 2nd limper raise. I call - 1st limper folds. He shows me JcJh. My hand was no good.

--

Is my pre-flop call really that bad ? It is 11-1 !

What about my call on the flop ? 10-1 w/ a 5-outer !?

Thanks !

Dynasty
09-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Is my pre-flop call really that bad ? It is 11-1

Since the odds of flopping two-pair or better with 93o are 27.8:1, you've got a clear fold pre-flop. What type of flop were you hoping for with 93o?

Your post flop play was good until the river. There's no reason to believe that the Jack on the river gave somebody else a hand which beats trip 3's. You should have 3-bet the river.

09-12-2002, 10:53 AM
First of all, I feel a grammar lesson may be in order.
There IS four limpers to me in the small blind? Did you go to high school in Newark, New Jersey?

Secondly, you should have folded this hand after the flop. Anytime you flop second pair you should check and fold. Just check it with the hope of getting a free card. It will save you money time and time again, as it would have in this situation.

Chris Villalobos
09-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Anonymous wrote: "Anytime you flop second pair you should check and fold. Just check it with the hope of getting a free card. It will save you money time and time again, as it would have in this situation."

This statement isn't necessarily true, there is such a thing as a semi-bluff. I do agree that this hand isn't a good semi-bluff opportunity.

BB King's
09-12-2002, 12:27 PM
* First of all, I feel a grammar lesson may be in order.
There IS four limpers to me in the small blind? Did you go to high school in Newark, New Jersey? * No I went to high school in Rodovre. IS is wrong - what is wright ?

* Secondly, you should have folded this hand after the flop. Anytime you flop second pair you should check and fold. Just check it with the hope of getting a free card. It will save you money time and time again, as it would have in this situation. * No - folding the flop would have cost me money ! Even Dynasty liked my play on the flop !?

BB King's
09-12-2002, 12:39 PM
* Since the odds of flopping two-pair or better with 93o are 27.8:1, you've got a clear fold pre-flop. What type of flop were you hoping for with 93o? * I was hoping to flop a pair and see the flop cheaply !?

* Your post flop play was good until the river. There's no reason to believe that the Jack on the river gave somebody else a hand which beats trip 3's. You should have 3-bet the river. * In low/limit-games on Paradise a raise usually means that he can beat trips !!

PS 3 out of 3 posters believe my pre-flop call were to loose. I gotta respect that ! But I don't really get it ?Thanks !