PDA

View Full Version : Question for Jim Brier - 1st hand

VinnyTheFish
02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> But given the way Perry played and the large pot at stake, there was no way my cards would hit the muck.
</font>
The river was the T , double-pairing the board. Perry bet.
<font color="blue">
Perry's sudden river bet made no sense after just calling my turn-raise. </font>

With a ten or a six he would have probably three-bet the turn. So I called and won a $560 pot as Perry showed a pair of fives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only 100% agree, that you are not folding.

(* I am only speaking of the action after the River Card, anything before that is already *)

I can see why the bet caused a bit of confusion, but doesn’t that bet tell you exactly what he has. (1) Perry is trying to buy the pot or (2) he has Tx, thinking AT – T9 (but not TT). From the way you described it, option (2) is the not likely.

I am pretty sure that I would have called there too, but isn’t a re-raise more appropriate? You are quite sure you have the best hand, at worst a split pot or did the leading bet on the river make you think that he was sitting on AA-JJ or T-x?

MVicuna
02-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi,

I think this is the classic 'wasted bet', no worse hand folds and only better hands call/raise.

Now its also likely that since Perry is stuck and tilting he would reraise with a worse hand AND a better hand so you can't fold to his reraise so when he flips over 77 discover he was 'bluffing' with the best hand.

Thanks,
MarkV.