PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Boyd gets corporate sponsorship

Kevmath
02-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Press release at: (http://tinyurl.com/4jdq5)

Kevin...

Unfortunately, he doesn't get tattooed.

Botchy Dud
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Botchy blog. (http://blogboyd.blog-city.com/)

I'm out of the nuthouse now.

Voltron87
02-25-2005, 03:57 PM
In the news release he is referred to as "controversial". /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Voltron87
02-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Follow up... I know all about the site he ran and the money he stole, but my point was that is not general knowledge to the ESPN WSOP/TILT crowd, so I don't see why he would be referred to as controversial.

whiskeytown
02-26-2005, 04:52 AM
interesting...his blog talks about his sponsors, but he doesn't make a big deal out of it...sounds like personal backers to me...

RB

Myrtle
02-26-2005, 10:38 AM
............sounds to me as if some slick, marketing/PR moron didn't do his homework.

I wonder how the new sponsors will feel when the 'details' of Boyd's less-than-stellar history begin to become public.......

.......OOPS!!

KDawgCometh
02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
............sounds to me as if some slick, marketing/PR moron didn't do his homework.

I wonder how the new sponsors will feel when the 'details' of Boyd's less-than-stellar history begin to become public.......

.......OOPS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he'll proably have some slick answer for it. He seems to have things just slide off of him and the general public seems to like him /images/graemlins/confused.gif. He's a good PR spinner and this cockroach of a human being will be around much longer than we'd like to think or want

Silybum
02-26-2005, 05:45 PM
This is great news not only for Dutch but for the rest of
the players that need backing for thier play.

kdog
02-26-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, YOU would think that wouldn't you Dutch?

Gramps
02-27-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dutch has taken the poker world by storm, a veritable unknown who has won big

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...Wha?

Randy_Refeld
02-27-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really bad day for sponsorship. As the details of Pokerspot come into the public eye other potential sponsors will be reluctant to get involved in poker.

RR

djack
02-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Are you sure? Do you think you have more properly evaluated the risk/reward?

It's easy to laugh off the idea that these folks didn't do a risk/reward, but my guess it that they did.