PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2/25

NoChance
02-25-2005, 01:54 PM
It was a pretty quiet day in here yesterday and so far today. I'll get things started I guess.

The trend I have been following in the NBA went 2-0 with San Antonio -11 and Cleveland -8 a few days ago to bring the record to 22-4. There is one game that fits tonight:

I got Seattle -6 last night but it looks like the current line is -8 at most places right now. Minnesota on a back to back to add to the fire.

I may post a few Ivy league games later.

02-25-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was a pretty quiet day in here yesterday and so far today. I'll get things started I guess.

The trend I have been following in the NBA went 2-0 with San Antonio -11 and Cleveland -8 a few days ago to bring the record to 22-4. There is one game that fits tonight:

I got Seattle -6 last night but it looks like the current line is -8 at most places right now. Minnesota on a back to back to add to the fire.

I may post a few Ivy league games later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, I saw that line at 6 1/2 this morning and knew I should have taken it then.

LLXC
02-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Could you please explain the trend? Thanks.

NoChance
02-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Home team favored against a divisional opponent by at lease -3.5 in a revenge situation.

I understand home team as a favorite.
I understand the revenge portion of it.
I understand it needing to be a divisional opponent because they play each other often.
I don't understand the -3.5 portion of it.

I can't explain it because it isn't something I came up with. I found it on another forum. It was 14-0 when i started following and has gone 8-4 since I started following it. Is it a fluke? I don't know. So far it's working. 22-4 overall is pretty good.

LLXC
02-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh yea, I've been following this trend since you last posted it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif My run: 2-3 (I am the true jinxer). I forgot about Wednesday - whoops.

NoChance
02-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Not normal for me but I just tripled my bet at -7.5. The Wolves truly are the walking wounded right now and I can see Seattle winning this one by about 16 or so.

Eddie Griffin was just put on IR today for the broken bone in his right hand.

Sam Cassell has been limited due to injury.

Troy Hudson and Michael Olowokandi were both seen walking with significant limps after last night's game according to radio people here in town.

It's no secret Kevin Garnett is pretty beat up this year and didn't get a break having played in the All Star game.

They are playing a back to back game on the road today having played the Clippers last night.

Here (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2005022412) is last night's box score. Hudson and Olowokandi put in significant minutes last night. If they are limping and can't put in the minutes, there really isn't much left on the roster to replace them.

More news from the radio today is that Atlanta may cut Payton soon and the Wolves "may be" interested in picking him up if that happens.

Anyway, the Wolves are playing pretty bad right now and if they are as beat up as I think they are, some of this may not be national news as far as the limping and all that. I guess I am taking a chance here but the circumstances may warrant it in this case.

Oh yeah, they did activate Madsen so he may be able to give some minutes but who knows if he is in game shape yet.

jason brown
02-26-2005, 12:13 AM
$ 3,000 lead by 5 end 1st. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NoChance
02-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, Seattle very cold shooting so far. Think the Wolves run out of gas in the 2nd half, so it might be close.

LLXC
02-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Minnesota will definitely slow down but can Seattle make anything? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LLXC
02-26-2005, 02:05 AM
OH WOW. GOOD 2ND HALF SEATTLE. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RaiNz
02-26-2005, 02:05 AM
T-Wolves completely collapse in 2nd half. Seattle comes back to cover spread and win by 10 after being down 9 at the half!

NoChance
02-26-2005, 02:07 AM
That was about as good as MN can play right now short handed and beat up. Seattle shot 28% in the first half and couldn't hit anything. I think I had it analyzed pretty decent.

jason brown
02-26-2005, 03:04 AM
cant afford to buy a logo shirt. /images/graemlins/wink.gif