PDA

View Full Version : For all you NYJ fans

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Apparently we've agreed to trade Santana Moss to Washington for Laverneus Coles.

IndieMatty
02-25-2005, 12:44 PM
WHAT!?

BottlesOf
02-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I heard this last night...

IndieMatty
02-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Dude, this sucks.

BottlesOf
02-25-2005, 12:49 PM
THe deal in and of itself is +EV. Santana is a bust, he'll bust out a big play every 7 or so games, but that's not very impressive. Laverneas is whatever, I'm not so impressed with him, but he's a solid WR.

I'm a little disappointed with the deal overall, b/c I don't want them to be content with their WR core. I kind of wanted Mushin or Buress as a clear #1.

If they get Bubba Franks and kill Becht, I think that'll make me pretty happy.

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, this sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first this was my sentiment. However, Santana is a FA next year, and wants a big deal. We agreed to pick up $5m of Laverneus' signing bonus, which over the 4 or 5 years isn't bad at all. Really, Laverneus is a better, more durable WR than Santana, and he goes OVER THE MIDDLE. I love Moss, but I think this is a good deal. Hopefully they use the saved $ to resign Ferguson.

(Oh, and there are whispers that Chad won't be ready for the opener. Suppsodely we're talking to Jeff Garcia and Fiedler.)

02-25-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently we've agreed to trade Santana Moss to Washington for Laverneus Coles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this post was a goof when I read it, but here it is:

Coles to Jets for Moss? (http://nfl.com/nfl/story/8228173)

IndieMatty
02-25-2005, 12:52 PM
yeh, i like moss though, he's a playmaker when we get the offense going and he's still a weapon returning punts.

Coles is the better overall receiver I agree.

Penny will be ready. I do not want to see Garcia or Fieldler on my team. Re-sign Vinny.

IndieMatty
02-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Becht is gone. Franks is Franchised, look to the draft for a TE.

My roommate actually summed this up nicely.

I would trade any of our receivers for L.C. in a heart beat. Especially
that prima Dona Moss. When you consider we could have gotten the real
Moss for a draft pick and a defensive player, it has to make you sick
that the Jets didn't even attempt to get the most talented receiver in
the game for next to nothing.

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
THe deal in and of itself is +EV. Santana is a bust, he'll bust out a big play every 7 or so games, but that's not very impressive. Laverneas is whatever, I'm not so impressed with him, but he's a solid WR.

I'm a little disappointed with the deal overall, b/c I don't want them to be content with their WR core. I kind of wanted Mushin or Buress as a clear #1.

If they get Bubba Franks and kill Becht, I think that'll make me pretty happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers tagged Franks, so he's out. I don't think Muhammaed or Burress is comign to town. I wanted Derrick Mason, but doubtful too. I think that if we can't get a top-flight TE then Laverneus is more valuable b/c, like I said, he will go over the middle.

And Moss is not a bust. He just doesn't stay healthy.

BottlesOf
02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Well said. Clearly I'm a lil behind on my [censored], if I didn't know about Becht/Franks...sigh...is there any semi-premier TE for us out there....?

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
draft for a TE.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one TE in the first round (Heath Miller, UVA) and I don't think anyone is sold on him. Depends how he runs the 40. Thig is, if he runs a sub 4.6 we won't be able to get him w/o trading up.

We need to draft a CB or safety anyways.

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Itula Mili? Freedy Jones? No savior, if that's what you mean....

brettbrettr
02-25-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Re-sign Vinny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Music to my ears.

Bluffoon
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this move. Coles has been misused since he left the Jets. I believe he has a lot of untapped potential.