PDA

View Full Version : VC Poker Customer Service

Andiell
02-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have any experience of this?

I made a deposit on VC poker last Friday, Monday morning I had my account closed as apparently this isn't allowed. Anyways, they asked me for a plethora of documents to re-open the account (photocopy of my passport, cardholders passport, front and back of card, bank statement for the card, and a signed declaration from the cardholder)to great trouble I obtained and faxed/emailed all these documents on that same day. It's now friday and my account is still closed! I've called them THREE times, to be told firstly that it will be dealt with within 24-48 hours, secondly to be told that they're "busy" and that it will be sorted by Friday (today) at the latest. I'm now being told it will be sorted by monday!!! Needless to say, I'm unhappy with this. As a first experience of VC Poker, it's a very bad one.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, or have any advice as to how I can get this resolved? I fully expect next monday to turn into next month at this rate /images/graemlins/confused.gif

richrf
02-26-2005, 12:39 PM
I hesitate to post in this forum, but here it goes ...

First, I would personally never send highly sensitive personal information to an offshore company. Who knows what kind of security that company has and who as access to the information? With this kind of information, indentity theft becomes easy.

VC Poker appears to be affiliated with Victor Chandler, the UK gambling house. VC Poker is based in Gibralter, not in the UK, but what I would do is call up the home office in the UK, which is regulated by UK licensing laws, and discuss the issue with them directly. Many have reported similar problems with William Hill, which is also a UK gambling house. They are probably not set up well for online poker support.

PJS
02-26-2005, 01:07 PM
VC was the very first site I joined. I withdrew after a couple of weeks. I didn't have any issues as serious as this, but was generally unhappy the the service they provided. They were almost impossible to contact via telephone, and when I did finally get through, they seemed extremely uptight, and appeared as if they didn't want my custom. As I say, that was the end of them.

Andiell
03-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Well I got the issue resolved. Sadly, this took a phone call to Gibralter, and a bit of forcefullness with one of the customer service managers. However as pjs said, I'll be unlikely to use them long term as a result. Shame really as I quite like the interface.

daveymck
03-01-2005, 07:07 AM
What do you mean you made a deposit and its not allowed?

Best way to contact the support staff is to ping the manager via the interface (but might not be able to do it if you cant login).

Ringing a UK office aint going to help as all the support for VCpoker is based in Gibralter (I think the Will Hill support is UK based). The staff there are generally friendly but some do have an attitude and at times are more interested in chatting in the chat room than actually doing work related things.

How did you deposit? There are a lot of gripes about VC from others (if having problems try posting on the 1808gangs site they are a bunch of VC players who have had their fair share of problems). My experience was fine was my first site have deposited by cash card and neteller without any issue.

The 1808 site is 1808forum (http://www.1808gang.com/forums/) some of the hosts used to post there as well but I think there has been a lot of acrimony with certain hosts and gang members so they may not now.

daveymck
03-01-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I got the issue resolved. Sadly, this took a phone call to Gibralter, and a bit of forcefullness with one of the customer service managers. However as pjs said, I'll be unlikely to use them long term as a result. Shame really as I quite like the interface.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe should ave read this before I posted.