PDA

View Full Version : Vegas LL

09-11-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm going to Vegas this march and will probably stay at Harrah's. What is the best place to play low limit (3/6 up to about 5/10 or 6/12) Hold'em? Is the Mirage the best place to go for these limits or is there someplace better? I'm just beging, I can beat the online .50/1 games but have had mixed results in live games so I'm probably looking for the softest action.
Thanks in advance

09-11-2002, 07:20 PM
The best LL games are at the sunset station[about 16 Mi from Harrahs]Have fun at the Mir.Enjoy!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

HDPM
09-12-2002, 11:53 AM
The Mirage 3-6 is very soft. When I was there 2 weeks ago my wife parked in the 3-6 game for a while so I sweated her a bit. The game was unreal it was so good. That was on a weekend. A friend of mine also played it and won over 200 in a short time. You will need to make a hand or two, but if you do it will be a lot of fun. And its right across the street from Harrah's.

sucka
09-12-2002, 04:06 PM
I agree - the Mirage is a great place to play. Great room (non-smoking), very comfortable, good dealers, and soft games.

I played 3-6 and 6-12 while I was there a couple months ago and found that both games are equally soft. The 6-12 has a few better players, but still enough fish that the game is profitable.

And, as someone else mentioned - it's right across from where you are staying so you can't beat that.

Keep in mind that the Excalibur has some lower limit games if you want to ease into it. I think they have a 2-4 structured and a 2-6 spread. I didn't play it while I was there but walked past the poker room on my way to the Luxor (to see the Blue Man Group) and it was full of fish. In fact, the room is advertised as a "kitchen table" poker room. So, there are plenty of folks that don't have a clue over there.

Funniest story from the 3-6 tables while I was playing...

One guy who was playing poker like he was at a craps table was winning like crazy. I've never seen someone get so lucky. He won 4 hands in a row showing down total crap that had turned into 2 pair, runner runner straights and flushes, etc..

On the 5th hand, he decides to bet every hand without looking at his pocket cards. I know, I'm sitting right next to him and never see him even touch the cards before tossing in $6 preflop. The entire table calls - except me who decided that Q7o wasn't appropriate to stay in on this hand.

Anyhoot the flop comes KK4, and our hero who is 2 UTG opens with a raise, of course. A ton of callers...

The turn and river are blanks and there's a little bit of a raising war going on at the river. The betting finally stops with 3 players in. One flips over a set of 4's, the other flops over a pair of Q's and our hero - who played the entire hand blind flips over a pair of cowboys for a flopped quads.

5 hands in a row this guy won - it was unreal. I think the entire table went on tilt for an hour after that. I left 3 racks up after that game. :-)

North Shore Mike
09-12-2002, 08:35 PM
In addition to the suggestions already in this thread (which are good), the Bellagio 4-8 holdem on weekend nights is outstanding. The Horsehoe downtown is a dump, but the late night action there in 4-8 and 10-20 is also very good, in my experience.