PDA

View Full Version : Donohoe Digital Tournament poker software

spurgeon
02-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday. There was some poker software for sale. It was called Donohoe Digital Tournament poker. No limit Texas Hold Em. Have any of you bought it? What do you think of it?

jokerthief
02-25-2005, 11:27 AM
nm sorry

Dangergirl
02-25-2005, 08:41 PM
It's not too bad for the price. I belive it's $20 at Target or Best Buy. If you want to use it as software for tournaments then it isn't too bad. There is also a NL tournament option, so that you can play different tournies. However, for playing, Poki is much better. You might want to also try doing a search through these forums as it's been discussed before.

guitarhero14
02-25-2005, 09:46 PM
I bought it, not wonderful. The AI isn't all that great. I have the skill level on hard and if I go all-in PF then >5 people call, with like 23o and such. Go with poki if anything.

Any other specific questions, I would be more than happy to answer.

Jersey Nick
05-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Bump - I don't work for them - no spam here - just info.

The retail price on this dropped to $9.99 last week. I think it's a decent practice program at that price point.

From a press release:

"July 6 - 10, Eagle Games will have a booth at the World Series of Poker where it will be giving fans a sneak-peek at the newest title in the series. DD Poker 2006, which features a stronger, and more configurable AI (Artificial Intelligence), extensive statistical and analytical tools, free online play, and an updated interface, is due to hit stores on September 1."

Full story on Yahoo. (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050518/185624.html?.v=1)

With better AI this could be a really good program.