PDA

View Full Version : Problem on PokerRoom.com -

LuvDemNutz
02-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I was wondering if anyone here who plays at Pokerroom.com has ever had an issue like below.

I recently reloaded on the site due to their reload bonus but had a serious problem yesterday during a 2/4NL hand.

The long and short of it is - I rivered the nuts, my opponent bet into me, and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded, and the pot slid to my opponent!

It was the craziest thing I've had happen to me in the 1 1/2 years I've been playing online poker. If it was a tiny pot, I would probably just brush it off, but it wasn't.

I was on a wireless network on the time but do not think it was a connection problem because I received no warning that there was a connection problem. Normally you get a "you have been disconnected, attempting to reconnect" message. I received no such message.

I emailed support at PokerRoom and was disappointed to receive a form letter back telling me to make sure I have the latest version of IE installed and some Java Update (which I installed when I first started playing at the site).

Anyone ever have any issues like this on their site? If so, what was the resolution?

Thanks.

KaiShin
02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Get on the phone, talking to a live person is always better than email. Hopefully they will ask you to send them the hand history tout suite.

comstock
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I've played for over a year on pokerroom, literally tens of thousands of hands and never had any problems. not sure what to tell you.

Rednax
02-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Often when I'm multitabling at PokerRoom I will be unable to access one table until it has timed me out and folded my hand. And of course their support will not compenstate me for that. Not sure if this is what happened to you...

Caruso329
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Never had this happen.

1-888-MY-POKER

I suggest you call support.
But I doubt you'll be compensated.

LuvDemNutz
02-25-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Often when I'm multitabling at PokerRoom I will be unable to access one table until it has timed me out and folded my hand. And of course their support will not compenstate me for that. Not sure if this is what happened to you...

[/ QUOTE ]

No it happened too fast. I was playing 2 tables but only involved in a hand on this one.

I thought about min-raising my opponent's $50 bet, then decided to make it $125 instead. As I went to type it in, the pot was on it's way toward my opponent.

RollaJ
02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you were at a turbo table, and had a slow connection..... turbos give you very little time to think, that coupled with a short lag and you are screwed.... I generally avoid those tables, especially when multi-tabling

LuvDemNutz
02-25-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you were at a turbo table, and had a slow connection..... turbos give you very little time to think, that coupled with a short lag and you are screwed.... I generally avoid those tables, especially when multi-tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

How would I know if I was at a "turbo-table"?

The table was "Neapel".

Caruso329
02-25-2005, 11:21 AM
The table would've had a little lightning bolt next to the name of it. I just checked and couldn't fine a Neapel table, probably closed it. Call support and ask them if it was a turbo table.

LuvDemNutz
02-25-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The table would've had a little lightning bolt next to the name of it. I just checked and couldn't fine a Neapel table, probably closed it. Call support and ask them if it was a turbo table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I'm going to call them on my lunch break.

Maybe it was a turbo table, and maybe I did time out. I don't know. It seemed to happen really fast. Also, I don't remember seeing one of those bars above my head showing the time ticking down.

yoshi_yoshi
02-25-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I went to type it in

[/ QUOTE ]

Some sites have hot keys. Maybe 1, 2, or 5 is the hot key for fold.

ajk131
02-25-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point. Any chance you hit F1 instead of 1? I think that is the default option at PokerRoom. You should turn that off.

junkmail3
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point. Any chance you hit F1 instead of 1? I think that is the default option at PokerRoom. You should turn that off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love hot keys, they boost my errors due to misclicks/100 hands. Without hotkeys poker would be easy.

LuvDemNutz
02-25-2005, 06:15 PM
So I just got off the phone with the Pokerroom support people. After some time he finds the hand in question.

Basically what he told me was that my computer/connection was "running behind" the actual game. So as I was seeing the flop, the game was actually on the turn, as I saw the turn, the game was on the river (I don't understand exactly how this is possible as I need to act on each street before the game can progress - this is just what he said).

He said my connection was slow and that I had received a couple of warnings during the hand telling me this (possible, but I don't remember seeing them).

He then said by the time the river card fell (from my perspective) that the hand was basically over (from the server's perspective) and that my computer/connection was playing catch up.

He said I should make sure to empty out the Temporary Internet Files before I play because that can cause the game to run slow/behind the server.

And that was it - as far as compensation, I'm SOL.

Rednax
02-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Yup, that's what happens to me often. So you don't get the warning noise or anything either. As for the warning of slow connection - that doesn't seem to pop to the front so I don't see that until I close other windows. And there's nothing to do about it at that point anyway. This doesn't happen everytime I play at PokerRoom, and most of the time the hand is trash anyway, but I probably average 1BB wasted per session there.

Reef
02-26-2005, 07:50 AM
when will people ever learn not to play on PR or pacific?