PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand-try to figure it out

The Prince
09-11-2002, 03:37 PM
This hand occured last night in the same tournament mentionned below. I thought it would be worthy to post it here. Try to figure out what each player could have. The hand involves the 2 best players in the tournament.

We are playing a NL HE tournament with the last 6 players remaining. Each player involved has over 2K. Blinds are 100-200 and there is a loose limper. P1 limps on his SB and P2 checks his BB.

Flop comes As Th 9h. All 3 players check.

The turn is the 5s. P1 bets 300. P2 raises to 600. Loose player folds. P1 goes into thinking mode. P2 mumbles about the fact that he has trip 5 and that P1 has AT. P1 finally calls the 300.

The river is the 4s. P1 and P2 check.

What do they have? Remember, these are good players.

Jimbo
09-11-2002, 05:10 PM
Each player has a 5 in their hand, cannot guess their kickers.

Jimbo

Blaze
09-12-2002, 08:31 AM
I am going to say that P2 is Ax. P1 can be Ax, 10x or has 2 hearts and was betting on the come.

09-12-2002, 12:52 PM
I'll throw in a guess. I'll say P1 has KT and P2 has J7 (or some other random hand bordering on a stone-cold bluff).

Matt

The Prince
09-13-2002, 08:57 AM
I knew it would be almost impossible for anyone to guess what each player had. But I thought it would be fun to see what went through each player's mind on the turn. Also, I was P2 that raised P1.

So, on the turn the 5s hits to make the board AsTh9h5s. P1 bets 300 and I raise to 600.

First, I was pretty sure the limper would fold after checking the flop. Second, I did hold a set of 5s. I said it outloud because I knew they would not believe me anyway and I could get them to think I was on a spade draw. It's also my style to talk a lot, and I say so many things that they can't really put me on a hand (I hope /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ). Of course I knew he did not have AT, as he checked the flop. I was hoping that from raising to only 600, I would show some weakness and P1 would put me on a draw and push in if he held a pair. But he only called. Then I thought he was the one on a draw. When the 4s hit on the river, my opponent checked and I checked as well, I was not sure if he would call with a lone pair anyway if he did not have the flush.

Here comes the best part, he showed 23o for a straight. Of course, he did not have the odds to draw to it and here was his reasonning. My setup worked, as he thought I had the spade draw. Since he held nothing, he figured he'd call the turn and the bet the river unless a spade hit. He figured I couldn't call his bet. That was very unfortunate for me, since I would have made a bundle if any other card except a 4 or a spade hit. Now, I had lost the hand. It doen't really matter, as it was a clear +EV situation on the turn.

We know each other pretty well, as we talk about poker a lot. I thought it was a good exemple of the I know that you know that I know type reasonning.

Hope you enjoyed.