PDA

View Full Version : Ace ace 15-30 problem

LotusX
09-11-2002, 03:02 PM
loose but not TOO aggressive 15-30 game

EP raises, seems pretty solid, I put him on AQ or better

Next player 3 bets, I havent seen much but I do know he 3 bet with 77 preflop to isolate a UTG raiser a round earlier.

Folded to me on button, black aces.

I cap

Does anyone just call here?

Taken 3 handed 205 dollars in the pot

Flop comes JJ8 2 clubs

EP checks, MP bets, i Raise

EP folds, MP just calls

turn is 2 handed 265 dollars in pot

Turn is 10 of clubs

so the board is Jc Jd 8c Tc

Checked to me (i have A of clubs)

Anyone check here?

The fact he's still in the hand I put him no worse than 99. He could have 88, TT AJ QQ KK. However i'm not sure he'd bet into me on the flop with TT or AJ.

I bet, he raises. I just call

River heads up 385 dollars in the pot

river is a King NON club

so board is

Jc Jd 8c Tc Kd

He bets

I call

I think I could have potentially played EVERY street wrong, maybe not preflop

Comments please?

Buckshot
09-11-2002, 03:46 PM
I would bet the flop and check the turn. If he calls the turn then comes out swinging on the river I probably just call for many reasons without getting too indepth. I'm sure you can figure out why if you think hard enough.

~stephen

LotusX
09-11-2002, 04:24 PM
what if he bets into you on the flop?

astroglide
09-11-2002, 04:34 PM
capping or not capping preflop really depends on your opponents; if people are 3betting typical utg raises to isolate, i would be more inclined to cap it.

i would play the same on the flop, and check the turn because i have the ace of clubs and getting raised means i have to call. without the ace of clubs, i would bet and fold to a raise unless they're hyper aggro types.

09-11-2002, 05:45 PM
I do not cap here 3 handed. If the blinds were likely to call 2 cold, I would then cap, or if my oppoenents were poor, I cap. You have an aggressvie 3 bettor whom you have slowed down, and you have given your hand away. Both of these are very bad. If first raiser is solid, he will fold hands like AQo and AKo, and you don't want this.

On the flop, I do not like the raise given that you capped it, unless you raised with the intent of checking behind on the turn.

Given your action so far, betting the turn is very bad, for the simple reason that you are likely beat, and will only fold out 1 outers by raising. Your hand just isn't that strong any more, unless you hit a club (and even that is questionable), or of course, an ace. It is also exposed, so your opponent will not likely be duped into calling down with small pocket pairs, etc.

I can't picture a worse card in the deck for the river. you have built a huge pot, though, so if your opponent is capable of bluffing here, I'd probably call.

Buckshot
09-12-2002, 04:27 PM
My initial instinct would be to raise if bet into on the flop then proceed accordingly based the action.

~stephen