PDA

View Full Version : one more 4/8 hand

fryKing
02-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Live 4/8. Sadly my memory is crap here, but I'll do what I can. Villan is a tricky player who has been know to LAG it up.He's bet the river and announced 6-high at least once. We'll call him, "SFer".

I'm in the CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Bunch of limpers, I limp, button folds, SFer completes, bb checks.

Flop comes various low cards, 2 diamonds. SFer bets, a few limpers call, I raise, SFer 3-bets, limpers fold, I call.

Turn is another offsuit brick, SFer bets, I call.

River is an offsuit brick. The board is like some sort of lowball hand, 8 7 5 3 2 or some such. SFer checks, I check behind.

Looking for thoughts on the flop and the river in particular.

applej25
02-25-2005, 05:04 AM
I like the raise on the flop. Unfortunately the limpers didnt come along.

Turn is fine.

I'm not sure if you can take a shot on the river. Is he the kind of player that would fold something you can't beat? Probably not.

billyjex
02-25-2005, 06:55 AM
I think the hand looks fine.

Tell sfer to stop 3-betting the flop and help you build big pots for your big draws.

Would anyone want to raise this PF to buy the button?

K C
02-25-2005, 07:36 AM
I'd be more cautious raising a draw into an aggressive player like this. This probably isn't going to scare this person off, and you've reduced your odds on the hand quite a bit by it costing you 3 bets instead of one.

As far as the river goes, chances are you'd only get called if you're beaten, and you're behind most of the time with just Q high, so checking is fine.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com