tolbiny
02-25-2005, 04:47 AM
5-10 empire, 5 handed at the moment
Folded to me in the sb and i have
Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
i call- BB raises- i have
i call
Flop
Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif,T /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
i check, he checks
Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet, he calls
River K /images/graemlins/club.gif

check or bet, and how about the rest of the hand?

Danenania
02-25-2005, 04:49 AM
I think this one is too strong to open complete with but that is just my preference. I would definitely bet the river, call a raise.

applej25
02-25-2005, 04:57 AM
I assume you were going for a check/raise on the flop? Given its coordinated I would just bet out.

Bet turn.

Bet river.

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 05:23 AM
"I think this one is too strong to open complete with but that is just my preference"

i was doing it more for metagame- the open comlete that is- i want to see if an open limp will result in a raise- often induces some players to put more money in with weak hands, and lets me know if i can complete safely in the sb or if i will have to regularly see a raise.

spydog
02-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Why not lead the flop? If he folds to 1 bet on the flop, you weren't going to get any action on this hand anyway. You have the added benefit of possibly folding a low spade.

If you lead the flop he is likely to raise with any spade or pair. Then, you can 3-bet and he will likely call you down because:

1) If he has a spade he will think you might be protecting a pair and his flush will be good if the flush card hits.
2) If he has a pair he might think you have a high spade and that his pair will be good if the flush card doesn't come.

Either way, he will have a tough time releasing his hand and you are likely to get some bets out of him.

Victor
02-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I raise this preflop but I like to raise.

As is, I like going for a flop checkraise. The chances of him betting any flop are huge so you just ran into an anomaly.

Bet the turn.

Bet the river. His lack of flop aggression tells me he is not very likely to bet this river or bluff this river. Bet and call a raise.

Chobohoya
02-25-2005, 01:00 PM
I will raise this every time preflop. Bet the river.

Thoughts on the whole hand: I would just go ahead and lead the flop and turn, then check-call the river to try and snap off a bluff (if he's got a decent aggression rating and provided a 4th spade doesnt hit). If he's passive on the river, go ahead and bet there too.

Grisgra
02-25-2005, 01:08 PM
I raise this pf and call pf probably equally, depends on the situation and whether I think there's any chance he'll fold if I raise.

Bet the flop or checkraise it . . . hmmm. If he has no spade or no part of the board, he'll fold to your bet. If he has no spade or no part of the board, he might bet if you check to him. If he has a good spade or a part of the board, I think he'll bet 90% of the time instead of taking a free card. Of course, in those situations he'll probably raise your bet and you can 3-bet him.

So I think it's a wash -- completely player dependent, as they say.

On the river -- you have two pair for god's sake. Bet.