Danenania
02-25-2005, 04:46 AM
I actually think he is coming around.

housenuts
02-25-2005, 04:54 AM
disagreed

snowden719
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Not sure why people are such an ass to him, so he used to be a troll and isn't one now, give the man a break.

bernie
02-25-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so he used to be a troll and isn't one now, give the man a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he handled himself in his very recent 88 thread beautifully. Condescending and insulting, ever so nicely.

I have him on ignore for now.

b

jason_t
02-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Try again (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1796149&page=&view=&s b=5&o=).

Bulbarainey
02-25-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try again (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1796149&page=&view=&s b=5&o=).

[/ QUOTE ]

what an ass, ive never seen anyone that rude on these forums

bernie
02-25-2005, 08:41 AM
This is what I get:

*** You are ignoring this user ***

b

bernie
02-25-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ive never seen anyone that rude on these forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't been around here long, have ya? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

b

NLSoldier
02-25-2005, 08:50 AM
I agree with the OP, I really dont have anything against the guy anymore.

Bulbarainey
02-25-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive never seen anyone that rude on these forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't been around here long, have ya? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

b

[/ QUOTE ]

not really ^_-, but everyone here has been so helpful so far, and +EV!

emil3000
02-25-2005, 09:11 AM
He's a fun fellow. He replies too much though. Says the same thing over and over. That's why that 88 post got so long. Not too interesting a topic really.

Dangergirl
02-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I thought he was a she??

zephed56
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why people are such an ass to him, so he used to be a troll and isn't one now, give the man a break.

[/ QUOTE ]
He still acts like an arrogant prick. In his own hand posts no less.

The-Matador
02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He still acts like an arrogant prick. In his own hand posts no less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acts like?

Chobohoya
02-25-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Acts like?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well played. Too bad most of the time you just look like an idiot. I'm sure you can up the consistency.

Sponger15SB
02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=1796497 &Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&M ain=1796149&Search=true&where=&Name=4001&daterange =&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post1796497) was by far the best post in that entire thread.

Dead
02-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Nah, it hasn't changed.

It's just as caustic as before.

Dead
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably another Matador account.

Voltron87
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
He just started an idiotic thread about the merits of NL Holdem. I hope he stops posting.

Dead
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
It won't. It's like a [censored] virus. After it gets embarrassed and shunned enough it just leaves and comes back under a new name. It then starts a new post, and seems nice for the first 4 or 5 posts. But once someone questions it, watch out! It then turns from newbie poster into the evil Matador/CinnamonWind/Lansing/Sophia/Puppykicker creature.

DMBFan23
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Here's another good one where she makes outrageous claims like she invented the question mark

Owned (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1804875&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Dead
02-25-2005, 04:27 PM
This is why you pwn DMB.

How's 1/2 6max?

DMBFan23
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
playing that and 2/4. 1/2 6 max is good, the players are bad and I'm running about as predicted. I play more 2/4 full though, and it's going well so far. I'm running at an unsustainable rate, so the crash from that will be fun. I dropped to a single table when I play 2/4, but I 3 or 4-table the 1/2 6 max, so that might make a difference.

Reef
02-25-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's another good one where she makes outrageous claims like she invented the question mark

Owned (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1804875&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, here's one from the Matador:

[ QUOTE ]
8.36 at 2-4 this month, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he played about 1k hands max.

IndieMatty
02-25-2005, 04:40 PM
I couldn't care less, but really high win rates over say 5k hands are possible.. I had some ridiculously high numbers when I started by serious play in August. mid teens at the Party 2/4/3/6 and then 15/30 over my first 10,000 hands....

It's luck...but it happens.

Now that i hit 50,000 hands....well not so good. heh.

DMBFan23
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm also running higher than is sustainable at 2/4, but pwn3dbitch claims these winrates over large sample sizes.

Freakin
02-25-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think he is coming around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I've got no complaints... I don't mind one person consistently being an ass, cause then I know what to expect. When they start creating new accounts and catch me off guard, then I get pissed. I find him amusing.

Freakin

billyjex
02-25-2005, 05:02 PM
At least the posters on here with huge egos have earned their stripes by being on these boards for years and earning the respect to have that cockiness.

Matador is full of [censored].

In one thread he brags about his winrates, ~8 at 2/4, ~5 at 3/6, ~3 at 5/10. Why doesn't he just play 5/10 to maximize his profits if he's so good at it?

Dead
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Its winrates are obviously falsified. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif It's important to note that we aren't really sure if Matador is a he or a she. It's claimed both on many different occasions, and making a name like Sophia really makes you wonder. Our Matador is very disturbed, that's for sure.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He may be a jerk but a few of the others' obsession with responding to everything he posts is just as douche worthy.

James282
02-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Honestly, he's a pathological liar, but I am willing to give him a totally clean slate if he owns up to being Hulk Hogan.
-James

[censored]
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you got YOU got [censored] owned in that thread why would you link to it?

Danenania
02-25-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He may be a jerk but a few of the others' obsession with responding to everything he posts is just as douche worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with this. I think the people who follow trolls around to harass them, especially when they are making pretty legitimate posts, are way more pathetic than the trolls.

Danenania
02-25-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, he's a pathological liar, but I am willing to give him a totally clean slate if he owns up to being Hulk Hogan.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he is Hulk Hogan. The tone of CinnamonWind was extremely similar to Matador (I didn't really read any of the posts from his other aliases) but Hogan seems like too much of a dumb ass to be the same guy.

DMBFan23
02-25-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false.

[/ QUOTE ]

He post a winrate you call him a liar, he post evidence of winrate and you call him a liar. Yeah you owned him alright.

Ricky Slade
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It's important to note that we aren't really sure if Matador is a he or a she. It's claimed both on many different occasions, and making a name like Sophia really makes you wonder. Our Matador is very disturbed, that's for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... Shemale???

Voltron87
02-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I find him amusing, but not in a way that makes me respect him for his intellect.

B Dids
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8.36 at 2-4 this month, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he played about 1k hands max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2.8K hands of 8.9BB/100 for 2/4 6 max in my db. It's not impossible.

bernie
02-25-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree. Why keep bumping the threads up by responding?

b

theredwave
02-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Those numbers can be filtered pretty easily and he did just cut those lines out only. It would be more believable if he posted a full screenshot of PT to show that nothing has been tampered with. He's lied to us before, what's to stop him from doing it again?

[censored]
02-25-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those numbers can be filtered pretty easily and he did just cut those lines out only. It would be more believable if he posted a full screenshot of PT to show that nothing has been tampered with. He's lied to us before, what's to stop him from doing it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm not saying the stats are legit. I'm saying that having the need to call them out and not being able to figure out that you are only giving him the opportunity to post some type of made up evidence is hardly owning someone.

The winrates may be completely false or just a short term anomaly, I don't know and I don't care.

jason_t
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't many people who do this (two come to mind); most of the rest of the people responding to his replies start sincerely, but then The-Matador replies as a prick and the whole thread degenerates into insult swapping.

Dead
02-25-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false.

[/ QUOTE ]

He post a winrate you call him a liar, he post evidence of winrate and you call him a liar. Yeah you owned him alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously know nothing about PT, and it's not surprising, considering you post 99% of your posts in OOT. All you have to do is filter out winning sessions and then re-calculate.

Just as I thought. After searching your posts you have like one relating to poker. 99.9% of them are in OOT. Have you ever used PT? If not then don't comment on it.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously know nothing about PT, and it's not surprising, considering you post 99% of your posts in OOT. All you have to do is filter out winning sessions and then re-calculate.

Just as I thought. After searching your posts you have like one relating to poker. 99.9% of them are in OOT. Have you ever used PT? If not then don't comment on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again that fact that a dim witt like yourself felt compelled to prove something as obvious as a 8.66bb/100 win rate false when it was blately obvious is where the true owning took place. That you could not anticipate the PT screen shots is just funny.

But please continue to follow him around from thread to thread "owning" him. It's certainly bound to work at some point.

Dead
02-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Keep sticking up for the thing. It won't win you any friends around here though. And I'm not the one who tried to prove it false. DMB did. But yes I do think that it is false.

[censored]
02-26-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep sticking up for the thing. It won't win you any friends around here though. And I'm not the one who tried to prove it false. DMB did. But yes I do think that it is false.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to stick up for The Matador. I am saying that responding to the obviously false or misleading claims from a troll is nowhere near owning them. Bragging about it and linking to it in another thread is even weaker IMO.

Dead
02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I never did any of that.

And I never said that I owned the Matador. The thing is the one who always talks about owning people.

DMBFan23
02-26-2005, 04:46 AM
dude why you sweating me. I didn't "follow around" sh**, I just pointed out the obvious. lame? you just commented on the dude that comments on the troll. so that makes you a bitch. now YOU got served.

BTW...in case you were wondering what the actual outcome of that thread was...

http://img237.exs.cx/img237/4205/bb7jx.jpg

The-Matador
02-26-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got back from a 14 hour BM marathon, so I'm a little groggy, but ask and ye shall receive ...

http://www.geocities.com/malakyekanatatsu/WinratesFeb.jpg

Sadly, my 2-4 rate has slipped a bit as a result of some poor play. I'll get it back up soon.

As I posted in the SS thread, here is my cashout history for February:

http://www.geocities.com/malakyekanatatsu/FebCashHistory.jpg

Now someone on here thinks what I did was drop like 5 grand into my poker account before this, then withdrew it all incrementally during the month, then filtered my winrates to support my "wild" claims.

You, sir, are a douchebag.

I'm sorry if my awesome February fills you with angst, but there's nothing I can do about that. In the SS forum, I was actually posting to encourage people, because we see about 100 "I'm on a massive downswing, help me please" whines a day on these boards. I figured a little positivity (and yes, some vanity) was not going to hurt anyone. Apparently, it offended you deeply, and for that I am truly not sorry. So some dope wants to be a dipshit about things, I prove him wrong and he still won't give up ... what can I do? Except continue to be right, that is.

And finally, Dead, I hope you remember the last time you called me a liar. Remember that? Remember when you told me you didn't believe I had a Ph.D, then I posted excerpts from my thesis, then you asked me some utterly idiotic questions about the thesis, and I told you how stupid you were, and you had to shut up because you were so very, very wrong? Remember that (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1788353&Fo rum=,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage=5&Limit =25&Main=1786946&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=26 962&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1788353) ? Yeah I figured you might.

So in conclusion, no matter how many times you SAY I'm not being truthful, it doesn't make you right. I've proved it here, there, and I can prove it everywhere, so I invite you to keep calling me a liar.

TM

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I really don't like you, but it is pretty clear that you are telling the truth about your winrates in February. You only did that post for reasons of ego, but it does not change that you are almost certainly telling the truth, and that you did indeed own DMBfan in that thread.

BTW, your screenshot does not hide your Party hand. Do you see why?

BTW, I am pretty sure you have the academic qualifications you claim. Just read the thread you linked to. You said a PhD akes 2 years in England. That is not accurate. 3 years is really the minimum. Which college did you go to?

The-Matador
02-26-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like you, but it is pretty clear that you are telling the truth about your winrates in February. You only did that post for reasons of ego, but it does not change that you are almost certainly telling the truth, and that you did indeed own DMBfan in that thread.

BTW, sophia867, your screenshot does not hide your Party hand. Do you see why?

BTW, I am pretty sure you have the academic qualifications you claim. Just read the thread you linked to. You said a PhD akes 2 years in England. That is not accurate. 3 years is really the minimum. Which college did you go to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to Cambridge. If you get an M.Phil before your Ph.D (I did) then you get a Ph.D in 2 years in the Arts. Generally sciences and, well, actual academic disciplines like that take longer, but for me it was 3 years from arrival to thesis defence.

No, I don't see why the screen does not hide my party name.

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to Cambridge. If you get am M.Phil before your Ph.D (I did) then you get a Ph.D in 2 years in the Arts. Generally sciences and, well, actual academic disciplines like that take longer, but for me it was 3 years from arrival to thesis defence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant, which college at Cambridge?

You have not blocked out the hand numbers on your PT screenshot, so anyone can request the hand no. and hey presto.

The-Matador
02-26-2005, 10:30 AM
First thank you very much for pointing that out. I really appreciate it, and it would be swell if you didn't share my Party name (if you even bother to get it).

Next, I went to Trinity Hall.

The-Matadork
02-26-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Went to Cambridge. If you get am M.Phil before your Ph.D (I did) then you get a Ph.D in 2 years in the Arts. Generally sciences and, well, actual academic disciplines like that take longer, but for me it was 3 years from arrival to thesis defence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant, which college at Cambridge?

You have not blocked out the hand numbers on your PT screenshot, so anyone can request the hand no. and hey presto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni han

The-Matador
02-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Wtf are you?

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First thank you very much for pointing that out. I really appreciate it, and it would be swell if you didn't share my Party name (if you even bother to get it).

Next, I went to Trinity Hall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got offered an Mphil, but it was @ Girton College so I figured I'd go travelling instead /images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus I would really like to do my Masters in N.America, maybe @ McGill.

The-Matador
02-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Girton's nice. Don't be a college snob! :P

McGill is really awesome. Montreal is the best.

If you're staying in the UK though, go to Cam. It's like a freaking golden ticket there. I personally thought my education was vastly overrated, but the brits really dig on Cambridge and Oxford. A degree from one of those places and you're really set anywhere in the world, but particularly England. Once again, Girton's cool, imho.

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 11:00 AM
The location sucks.

[censored]
02-26-2005, 03:09 PM
So basically he does follow you around from thread to thread. I figured as much.