PDA

View Full Version : Best PONG Knob: Left or Right?

Dynasty
02-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Ahhhhh, PONG. It was the first and the greatest. All games and game systems which came after it are just pale imitations.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/C100_small.jpg

So, which knob did you think was best on your old PONG system? Did you like the play with the left knob? Or were you more of a right knob player?

When you played, did you sit indian style? Were you kneeling? Or did you tend to lie flat on your stomach while playing?

wacki
02-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Never knew this existed. Was this an attachment to the original atarti?

Dynasty
02-25-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never knew this existed. Was this an attachment to the original atarti?

[/ QUOTE ]

It came before the Atari 2600. PONG did not have catridges. The system you see in the picture was all you got and all you needed.

You played PONG. That was it.

housenuts
02-25-2005, 05:02 AM
i can't say i played this, but i know for sure i'd prefer the left side. as for style, i put laying down but i could foresee a sore back after a while. i would imagine i'd use a myriad of positions. probably rotating from laying down, to laying on my side, sitting, kneeling both knees, kneeling on one knee, kneeling on the other knee, and then back to laying down again.

actually screw all that. can't you just put this between you and your buddy on the couch?

jasonHoldEm
02-25-2005, 05:08 AM
I really doubt many of the posters here are old enough to remember (the original) pong. At 26 I'm barely old enough (an older childhood friend of mine had one and I think it originally belonged to his older brother).

J

Reef
02-25-2005, 05:14 AM
clearly, the directional arrow uses the left thumb and the buttons are for the right thumb.

thus the answer is clearly "left"

BoxTree
02-25-2005, 05:26 AM
Odyssey predated Pong.

Dynasty
02-25-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clearly, the directional arrow uses the left thumb and the buttons are for the right thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Did you look at the picture of the system posted?

Dynasty
02-25-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Odyssey predated Pong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Yeah. Year. And some professor at Bumblef*ck University invented some game a decade earlier which allowed you play some obscure game nobody remembers.

PONG was the first widley sold video game system.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-25-2005, 07:32 PM
The left knob is clearly the best for right-handed people in terms of ergonomics, but I prefer to defend the right-hand side of the screen. It's quite a conundrum.

Jack of Arcades
02-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm sure he means that the left hand is the natural one to use to control movement, since that is the way controllers are now.

cold_cash
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I acutally went to graduate schol at BumbleF*ck U.

Shajen
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he means that the left hand is the natural one to use to control movement, since that is the way controllers are now.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet again us left-handers are forced to conform to your facist right-handed world. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

poker-penguin
06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Because you are the children of the DEVIL!!!!!!!!

Go and find some Jesus spam immediately you sinister DEMONSPAWN!!!!

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Is this how you got to be a mod? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

theredpill5
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Rape the hell out of her.

Shajen
06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because you are the children of the DEVIL!!!!!!!!

Go and find some Jesus spam immediately you sinister DEMONSPAWN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I just chopped off my left hand. Now I can't do the stranger anymore.

Please advise.