PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmm... moldy

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
True to returning to a college lifestyle i am up at 2 am rumaging through my kitchen and i come across a piece of week old cake. It tastes fine, but halfway through the piece there is a tang left in my mouth. i peel away the rest of the aluminum foil to notice some small blothces of green mold.
so i toss it and rinse out my mouth, and i head to the bathroom and stick y finger down my throat, tossing up some angel hair pasta and cake residue. And i rinse out my mouth.
But the question is- how many times should i try to throw up- do i need to totally empty my gut, or is once or twice enough since the cake should be on top?

Prof. Chaos
02-25-2005, 03:18 AM
if the piece you ate didn't have mold on it, whats the problem?

Edge34
02-25-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if the piece you ate didn't have mold on it, whats the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Chill out bro, a few bites probably won't kill ya.

Probably.

nothumb
02-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Mold is not going to kill you. If you're that worried, drink 3-4 shots of something potent, it will kill anything still living in there.

NT

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 03:34 AM
I ain't worried about it killing me- i just don't want to be sick while i 4 table 5-10 shorthanded all weekend.

OtisTheMarsupial
02-25-2005, 03:38 AM
twice. mold is gross.
too is spelled wrong.

DcifrThs
02-25-2005, 03:41 AM
ok, well lets see...

mold is a bacteria right? so if you can't get it out of yoursystem you should try to kill it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

if you have everclear handy then that should do fine...take 0.5oz of it and swig...chase with orange juice...that should definately take care of that.

if not...i guess other alcohol will do, but beer probably isn't strong enough...

-Barron

peachy
02-25-2005, 03:54 AM
eewww that made me cringe!! hehe ull be OK...but im WAY picky with food so i woulda semi been grossed out and chunked it into the trash but i wouldnt have made mahself puke!! although i might have gagged!! lol

o and ur stomach acids r stronger than anything ur gonna drink or consume to counter the mold so just hang tight!! heheh they will get rid of it...ur not gonna die or anything /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

shant
02-25-2005, 04:01 AM
When I first met my current roomate in college, we spent the day walking a long distance in this new city we lived in. We got back and were very thirsty, so he grabbed some apple juice and poured us each a glass. He downed his extremely fast and began pouring another. I was still bringing it up to my mouth when I noticed it was pulpy. I said something about apple juice not supposed to be having pulp, and we both examined the bottle. There was a golf ball sized chunk of mold growing in the juice. He didn't throw up and I think he would've drank the other glass if I hadn't been around.

The moral of the story is a little mold probably won't hurt you.

peachy
02-25-2005, 04:03 AM
lfkda;lfk;dslakf that made me quiver too!!

bholdr
02-25-2005, 04:10 AM
mold rarely hurts you. don't worry so much.

once, while visiting my parents, i went outside and did a J, went back in, got some chips and salsa from the fridge, and commenced munching. an hour ater i turned on the light, only to notice that the salsa wes about 70% mold! (i couldn't taste it because it was so spicy)

i think: "oh crap i'm gonna get sooooooo sick...", but nothing happened. in fact, after i thought about it, i realized that i've never gotten sick from mold, though i've only unwittingly eaten it about ten times.

I must have eaten about a half cup of it in that salsa, too.

don't worry, you'll be fine.

or maybe you'll die. who knows?

dealer_toe
02-25-2005, 04:11 AM
have you ever had blue cheese??

Edge34
02-25-2005, 04:12 AM
This reminds me...

Cheese is pretty much entirely mold. Nobody ever got sick off of that, as far as I know.

Hang tight, soldier. Keep us updated if you decide to to have your stomach pumped to make sure. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jasonHoldEm
02-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Mold is in "all" of your food, you just rarely see it (the "green stuff" is the final/reproductive stage of the mold's development). It won't hurt you (unless you are alergic to it or something, which some people are). Calm down and have some more cake.

J

EDIT: I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the internet...

KaneKungFu123
02-25-2005, 05:03 AM
isnt cheese mold?

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 05:18 AM
"Calm down and have some more cake."

Lol- i was so disappointed about spittig up cake that i baked myself one... didn't have and cake flour so it was a little heavy, but good.

mason55
02-25-2005, 06:04 AM
have you ever seen What About Bob? Unless you act like that you're ingesting WAY more bacteria every day than you did with that cake. So put your tampon back in and eat some more cake.

Lazymeatball
02-25-2005, 10:13 AM
First off, mold is a fungus, not bacteria. They are in totally different Kingdoms of organisms.

Second off, cheese is not mold. It is curdled milk. Blue cheese has mold in it, but most cheese doesn't.

Third, you made yourself puke? It's not Drano, it's just a little mold. This sounds more like an eating disorder (late night cake binges followed by puking, followed by baking another cake and eating it.) We accept you know matter how much you weigh Tolbiny.

swede123
02-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Finally a voice of reason. In addition, your stomach has some pretty serious acids that help break down food etc. If you were to ingest mold or a live animal like a goldfish or whatever it would rather quickly die inside your belly. In other words, no need to chase the mold with some 180 proof alcohol, it won't grow to form a colony inside of you.

Swede

wacki
02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Google Rhizopus nigricans, odds are you are ok.

B00T
02-25-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eewww that made me cringe!! hehe ull be OK...but im WAY picky with food so i woulda semi been grossed out and chunked it into the trash but i wouldnt have made mahself puke!! although i might have gagged!! lol

o and ur stomach acids r stronger than anything ur gonna drink or consume to counter the mold so just hang tight!! heheh they will get rid of it...ur not gonna die or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

You are nice and all but you type like such a girl.

IsaacW
02-25-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it won't grow to form a colony inside of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
But if it does, you'll get super powers and can call yourself Moldman or Captain Amongus or something.

M2d
02-25-2005, 01:38 PM
if it doesn't make you throw up on its own, why bother giving it a hand?

Caruso329
02-25-2005, 01:44 PM
My favorite gross eating experience was grabbing a box of Waffle Crisp cereal and eating it dry. It was a little spicy I thought, weird.. waffles aren't spicy. I kept eating. I must've eaten that cereal for about 10-15 minutes before I felt a tickle on my arm. I look down to see a few ants crawling on my arm. Uh...oh... I look down into the box and there are a shitload of the little fellas just chugging along. I proceeded to throw the box of cereal out the front door and wash my mouth out.

peachy
02-25-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

o and ur stomach acids r stronger than anything ur gonna drink or consume to counter the mold so just hang tight!! heheh they will get rid of it...ur not gonna die or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

You are nice and all but you type like such a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha i am a girl!?!?!? lol /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Victor
02-25-2005, 02:26 PM
alcohol kills germs.

why didnt you call me? i am always looking for reasons to get drunk and especially do shots.

CORed
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
The ants were probably more nutritious than the cereal.

peachy
02-25-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The ants were probably more nutritious than the cereal.

[/ QUOTE ]

chooclate covered ants r good for u!! too bad i dont like chocolate much...if u want something more crunchy u can always go for the grasshoppers!! help rid the world of insects!! whoohooo