PDA

View Full Version : A 4/8 hand based totally on a read

fryKing
02-25-2005, 03:17 AM
since everyone hates those "just sat down, no reads" hands:

Live 4/8 with sfer, JBB, although neither is in this hand. Villan is a LAG who seems to enjoy calling/betting without actually looking at his cards. He also asked sfer if he should call with 72o, and then called (and later folded face up) with 72o.

On a recent hand, he rasied from EP, I called with 77 from the BB, check raised him on a flop of 9xx rainbow, then bet/folded to his raise on a turn Ace. He showed KQ.

On this hand, LAG calls (I think) without looking from EP again. I call in the SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif because crubs are lucky, BB calls, 3 to the flop.

Flop comes 7 4 2 rainbow, I bet, BB calls, LAG raises. I haven't seen him look at his cards yet, and they haven't seemed to have moved, but it is possible he sneaked a peek and I didn't see it. I think for a while, and reraise to get it heads up. BB folds, LAG looks at cards and calls.

Turn is a 4, I bet, he calls.

River is a 5, the board is 5 4 4 2 7. So I sort of kind of improved - what's your action here?

applej25
02-25-2005, 03:23 AM
hell, if you thought you were best on the turn and bet, what is there to think about on the river? If your scared of a raise just check/call as you can guarantee he will bet for you.

TripleH68
02-25-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I sort of kind of improved - what's your action here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/call. I am guessing this type of player may bluff here, even though it seems highly unlikely.

bdk3clash
02-25-2005, 03:45 AM
Oh just bet the river and call a raise you big girl. You only have to show if you win anyway.

emonrad87
02-25-2005, 04:39 AM
BET. For god's sake, he didnt look at his cards until the reraise. If he had anything, he'd still be raising.

fryKing
02-25-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh just bet the river and call a raise you big girl. You only have to show if you win anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you do with the real bdk3clash?

Clearly, I'm not folding to his raise if I bet it, which is a fine reason not to bet. I'm just wondering if it's worth trying to induce a bluff because he has no pair/no ace he will probably fold, but he'll very likely bet if I check.

bernie
02-25-2005, 05:43 AM
if you really have a read that you have him beat, and that he'll bet the river if checked to, checkraise the river.

b

bdk3clash
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
OK, I thought that he was capable of bluff-raising. Check-calling is good if he isn't.

fryKing
02-25-2005, 01:39 PM
He is erratic enough that I pretty much have to call a raise, but not so erratic that I feel he is _likely_ to raise the river with nothing.

I have to say betting with the intention of inducing a bluff raise did not occur to me at all.

edtost
02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you really have a read that you have him beat, and that he'll bet the river if checked to, checkraise the river.

b

[/ QUOTE ]