PDA

View Full Version : To call a river wierdo bet. Owned by a slowplay? Ahead?

The-Matador
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
UTG is an unknown but appears very aggressive, BB is a fish.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ...

27offsooot
02-25-2005, 12:33 AM
call

emonrad87
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Flop bet is marginal, since BB is a fish he's not gonna fold, but he could have ANYTHING since he checked. So, ehh, its borderline.

Call the river bet. Probably a slowplayed flush, but could also be a slowplayed jack or a queen.

sthief09
02-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't raise. there's so much potential for danger. I wouldn't be surprised if he limped in with AK. and I think you have a clear raise preflop, especially with a seemingly aggressive open limper

sthief09
02-25-2005, 12:38 AM
flop bet is easy. at worst it gives you a chance for a free river card. they also might fold better hands like K high. 3 handed, you'll take it down plenty

bakku
02-25-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise. there's so much potential for danger. I wouldn't be surprised if he limped in with AK. and I think you have a clear raise preflop, especially with a seemingly aggressive open limper

[/ QUOTE ]

Without posting a general read on the table I don't think raising PF is that clear. I think I'd much rather limp here but of course I could be wrong.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without posting a general read on the table I don't think raising PF is that clear. I think I'd much rather limp here but of course I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but then again I'm a LAG.

bakku
02-25-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but then again I'm a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why your vote doesn't count.

sthief09
02-25-2005, 12:54 AM
since when does raising with the best hand with the best position require a table read?

bakku
02-25-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
since when does raising with the best hand with the best position require a table read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is UTG+1, I'm obviously raising this on the CO/button against an aggressive limper.

Brunger
02-25-2005, 01:42 AM
I think you have to call. It very well could be some flush or strangely played AK or QJ but it could just be a donkey with Q4s or AQ KQ. At 9-1 I look him up and get a feel for how he plays.

Justin A
02-25-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm folding to the checkraise.

private joker
02-25-2005, 04:11 AM
This being Party 2/4, I wouldn't be surprised to see 98 with one club here, some guy who backed into a straight on the river. But I'd still call his river raise because it could just be TPTK or a worse 2 pair.

Carmine
02-25-2005, 05:49 AM
I raise here 51%. Call 49% and misclick on fold 1%. If BB being a fish was the villain on the river I would call 90% of the time. I'm sorry but against someone with an aggressive label I really want to raise here. I just can't give him credit for a str8 and the flush is my real concern. I see I'm in the overwhelming minority though so I may have to ease up a little in these situations

The-Matador
02-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Seems like the consensus is call.

Results in white (not that they matter here):

<font color="white"> AQ </font>

Carmine
02-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Forget the results! What's really disrurbing is the fact no one noticed I put 101% into my game. /images/graemlins/grin.gif