PDA

View Full Version : Ivey and Hanson, $4,000-$8,000 blinds

andyfox
02-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Phil Ivey and Gus Hanson were playing with an Asian fellow in a 3-handed $4,000-$8,000 mixed pot limit game at Commerce today. A Commerce regular told me there had been a hand where, at the end, the Asian fellow bet the pot, about $170,000, and Ivey thought for less than a second and called. The Asian fellow said, "ace high," and Ivey said "a pair," showed it, and took it down.

bicyclekick
02-25-2005, 12:12 AM
How deep were the stacks?

underaged
02-25-2005, 12:16 AM
wow... that's just disgusting.

Jonny
02-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Ivey is good

DesertCat
02-25-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is good

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just on a long hot streak. And it can't go on forever, once he cools down he won't be any better than your typical 20/40 pro. Mark my words, he's already around five years, his luck is gonna end any day now...

bigfishead
02-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Interesting. Most often the asian would be Chaiu Chang (sp?). He is a winning player in that game from what I have seen dealing to them.

And recently Ivey was stuck over 800k if memory serves me in the Tunica game of same size. He told me that so it isnt hearsay. But he left Tunica a rather large winner once it was all over.

NLfool
02-25-2005, 01:43 AM
4k/8k blinds no limit? I thought it was 100k max that you can lose per pot.

andyfox
02-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Deep. Hanson seemed to be shortstacked when I peeked over today, with Ivey having the lion's share of chips.

snakehead
02-25-2005, 01:45 AM
when I left this afternoon, doyle was in the game and he had all the chips. gus and phil had maybe $20-30,000 in front of each of them, and doyle had several hundred thousand in front of him. chau was long gone, and lyle berman had joined the game, but he didn't have any chips either. so much for the superiority of youth.

Luv2DriveTT
02-25-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4k/8k blinds no limit? I thought it was 100k max that you can lose per pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read the first post. Pot Limit.
And there is only a cap in most games of this size if the players agree to set one.
TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan
02-25-2005, 01:50 AM
The usual huge 4k/8k game that runs in vegas has a 100k cap on the big bet games.

Roybert
02-25-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is good

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just on a long hot streak. And it can't go on forever, once he cools down he won't be any better than your typical 20/40 pro. Mark my words, he's already around five years, his luck is gonna end any day now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone please save this post, ok? Remember who said it and when

PokerFink
02-25-2005, 02:55 AM
It's called sarcasm....

As for Chau Giang, he isn't exactly "some asian dude." He's one of the top players in the world, and makes his living in the 4k/8k games.

3 WSOP bracelets in only around 50 events speaks for itself (Barrygreenstein.com).

Kripke
02-25-2005, 02:56 AM
I thought 'Hanson' was a band.

:P Sorry, I'm a dick. Just cuz I'm Danish myself. It's Hansen /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DesertCat
02-25-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Someone please save this post, ok? Remember who said it and when

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up $154 tonight at PartyPoker low limit NL, so I must be ready for Mr. Ivy. He couldn't survive at my tables anyways, his vaunted reading skills would be turned to mush. He'd never be able to figure out why these players are calling, or raising, or hell, even how they figured out how to operate a computer in the first place. I'm pretty sure some of them can't pass a breathalyser test, either.

Ever remember when Daniel N. was going to turn $500 into $50k online? And he gave up somewhere around $3/$6? That's the crazy world I live in baby.../images/graemlins/cool.gif

BigSkiRace
02-25-2005, 03:51 AM
I hope you all know it dosent even matter how much they have on the table bc if they can't cover the bet on the table they will just make a side bet on it watever the difference they can't cover and pay it at the end of the session

Yeknom58
02-25-2005, 04:13 AM
2025 his streak is over.

ThaHero
02-25-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is good

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your basis for this analysis?

AAquadsAA
02-25-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey is good

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
mark his words.hahaha. so what your saying Ivey's game has been all luck.unreal. cant wait for my chance at him in five years then, when it finally runs out .hahaha

TStoneMBD
02-25-2005, 01:25 PM
i know that youre just kidding, but from what i have heard from barry greenstein, ivey was averaging 100k a month playing online for quite some time.

PokerFink
02-25-2005, 02:34 PM
According to Negreanu's site (fullcontactpoker.com), Ivy has probably made more money playing poker than anyone else in the world over the past five years.

Barry Greenstein says he is probably the most winning cash game player of the last ten years.

daryn
02-25-2005, 03:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Ivey is good

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your basis for this analysis?

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is comedy

shant
02-25-2005, 05:10 PM
How can so many people not see that he's being sarcastic about the hot streak? Jeez...

ThaHero
02-25-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can so many people not see that he's being sarcastic about the hot streak? Jeez...

[/ QUOTE ]

His second post on the subject doesn't really sound sarcastic, just as the first didn't.

bobbyi
02-25-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
from what i have heard from barry greenstein, ivey was averaging 100k a month playing online for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Was"? Meaning he stopped? Any idea why? Or what exactly he had been playing? I'm curious.

Sponger15SB
02-25-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's called sarcasm....

As for Chau Giang, he isn't exactly "some asian dude." He's one of the top players in the world, and makes his living in the 4k/8k games.

3 WSOP bracelets in only around 50 events speaks for itself (Barrygreenstein.com).

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know it was Chau? Were you there? Did you watch the game going on?

This whole thread is a joke minus what andy and snakeheads post.

boondockst
02-26-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from what i have heard from barry greenstein, ivey was averaging 100k a month playing online for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Was"? Meaning he stopped? Any idea why? Or what exactly he had been playing? I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

PPNL 25......100-tabling (SARCASM for those who can't read between the lines)

J-Lo
02-26-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guesss that 100k/month for him is "losing" because he can make more playing the "big game" live. I remember reading somewhere he makes quarter million per WEEK during the WSOP.

TStoneMBD
02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
i hate to bump this pathetic thread, but in respect to bobby ill follow up:

i dont really remember too much about this, but i think we were discussing this somewhere in these forums. i believe barry was having ivey review his chapters of online poker in barrys book, and ivey was talking about how he was averaging 100k a month for like 4 months or something. i believe the people on these forums said he probably earned the majority of that by playing shorthanded. ivey still plays online now of course, but i dont think hes averaging that much anymore as i dont think he puts in the time that he used to. then again, im just talking out of my ass here.

Loci
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
What's the point of having all that money if you're not going to invest some serious time spending it every now and again.....
Poor P.I., I can't imagine how he'll survive on a scant 30/40 thousand a month.
God love him.
Ez