PDA

View Full Version : Last Chapter Lost Wages...

SuburbanPokerMan
09-11-2002, 11:31 AM
The SPM woke up Tuesday morning it was the dawn of the fourth day in Lost Wages, NV. The Vegas poker players had tap danced on the SPM bankroll and today would be the end of that nonsense. The home folks drove him to the Mirage, it was late morning early afternoon and they knew he would be there the rest of the day. As the SPM sat down in the game he asked the question, "anyone here post on 2+2?" Nothing but blank stares from the Hold'em bunch, they didn't need no stinking 2+2 and they were not interested in anything about 2+2. They eyeballed the SPM's stacks and licked their lips but that was as close as they got to them all day. The SPM played his "A" game and won half of his chips back he lost over the weekend. The real story on Tuesday was not the SPM but it was his wife who made the biggest splash of the day.

The SPW showed up at the Mirage with friends and family in tow. She signed up for the no limit Hold'em satellite with a friend the one and only Mr. C. Rumble. Mr Rumble is very close friends with the famous Jack Daniels. Jack and Mr Rumble have been friends for years. Jack lives in a bottle at Mr Rumbles house. Neither of these two wannabe gamblers had ever played in a tournament before.

The nine handed tournament started and the SPM kept looking over at the table to see who was doing what. At the half way point Mr Rumble and the SPW were still kicking and it was anyone's guess who would be the last man standing. The next thinking I hear is Mr. Rumble saying he was out and the SPW was in the thick of it. Minutes later it was heads up one guy and the SPW. I wanted desperately to walk over and watch the action, but I knew the added pressure of a poker celebrity would be too much for the SPW. Reports indicated they were going back and forth with the chip lead, at one point the guy had all the chips but two one hundred dollar chips. It was those two chips that did him in. The SPW wins her first tournament satellite ever and now is enrolled in the no limit tournament starting at 7p.m. that evening at the Mirage.

Excitement was in the air for the Suburban family in Lost Wages, we had a true champion in our mitts, so we went to the California pizza restaurant in the Mirage to celebrate. Best pizza I have had in a long time. At seven sharp the no limit Hold'em tournament started and their she was in all her beauty the SPW. They were going to pay the last nine players standing and nothing would give me greater pleasure to tell you she won, but alas it was her first tournament and she made to four positions out of the money. A damn good showing it you ask me.

Our plane was leaving Wednesday afternoon but we extended the trip another day and came home on Thursday morning. The SPM played into the wee hours of Thursday morning and got one hour of sleep. The whole trip for the six days cost under $800 and I lost half of that myself. We had a great time. But, I wonder is there really a 2+2 following in Lost Wages?

SPM,...play long and prosper...

Ray Zee
09-11-2002, 11:57 PM
congrats on only losing 800 bucks for the trip spm. i guess you held alot of cards. good for you /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

i am really sorry you had to find out your wife plays better poker than you. but all may not be lost. show her you can vacumn the house in half the time it takes her.