PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

absou1ut
02-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I could use your guys help, would you have played this differently? I am absou1ut btw...

Note: Jewelsnw started with like 12 or so and was all-in by the end of the hand

Bradyc1971 started with about 50 and I started with like 70...thanks in advance

My Hand: AcJd

Starting hand #22102780
Dealer: New hand
Dealer: zrock398 posts the small blind $0.25
Dealer: Decemaster posts the big blind $0.50
Dealer: DEALING POCKETS
Dealer: jewelsnw calls $0.50
Dealer: bradyc1971 calls $0.50
Dealer: raisingbear folds
Dealer: gimmeurchips folds
Dealer: absou1ut raises $1.00 to $1.50
Dealer: Mr Big Dawg folds
Dealer: zrock398 folds
Dealer: Decemaster folds
Dealer: jewelsnw calls $1.00
Dealer: bradyc1971 calls $1.00
Dealer: DEALING FLOP ( 4h, As, 9s )
Dealer: jewelsnw bets $0.50
Dealer: bradyc1971 raises $0.50 to $1.00
Dealer: absou1ut calls $1.00
Dealer: jewelsnw raises $1.50 to $2.50
Dealer: bradyc1971 calls $1.50
Dealer: absou1ut calls $1.50
Dealer: DEALING TURN ( 9h )
Dealer: jewelsnw bets $0.50
Dealer: bradyc1971 calls $0.50
Dealer: absou1ut calls $0.50
Dealer: DEALING RIVER ( Jh )
Dealer: jewelsnw goes all in $0.43
Dealer: bradyc1971 bets $4.57
Dealer: absou1ut calls $4.57

TrailofTears
02-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Christ, man, can you take some time to clean up your posts a bit before sending them through. I mean, if you want us to take a few minutes to give responses, put in a few minutes of your own to put together a nice post.

Oh, and it helps if we know your hand before the river. And don't post results before the discussion.

I will give a good response, I just would like to know position, pot size, etc. What site is this? You should try the hand converter.

absou1ut
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
sorry, i think i fixed everything, sorry again

theredpill5
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
It looks like Brady completed to a full house on the turn. Looks like he has 9's full of aces but I could be talking out of my ass. Actually, he might have a set of 4's on the flop. He was raising on the flop and then all of a sudden just called on the turn when the 2nd 9 hit and then wanted to push on the river.

I think your call on the flop is ok but you need to fold to the huge aggression on the river. He doesn't seem afraid of the 2 9's or 3 hearts on the board at all. I'm giving him respect here because I know nothing about him.

I say the call on the flop is ok because you don't want players to think that you will fold everytime someone raises you on the flop.

absou1ut
02-24-2005, 11:22 PM
thanks for your input...i will wait till tomorrow to post the results...incase anyone else would like to give their opinion

absou1ut
02-25-2005, 02:18 PM
here are the results since I can't edit the original post

jewelsnw: Ah4c
bradyc1971: Ad5c

jewelsnw and bradyc1971 had 2 pair AA99J
absou1ut had 2 pair AAJJ9
absou1ut wins

TheWorstPlayer
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
As others have said, it would be easier if you at least put a blank space in between preflop, flop, turn, river and gave the pot size on each street. Anyways, if you are going to raise preflop, you should raise more than a dollar. I would raise to $2 or $3 since the table appears to be quite loose. Then you have to raise that wimpy flop betting. You made TPGK which is exactly what you are looking for with AJ, so don't let the flush draw get there cheaply. Then just keep betting. These tables usually chase way too much and raise way too little so take advantage of that by betting and betting and betting. When they raise you, they probably have the goods, so you can fold a one pair hand if played back at. But at least make it hard for them to draw in the first place.

absou1ut
02-25-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As others have said, it would be easier if you at least put a blank space in between preflop, flop, turn, river and gave the pot size on each street. Anyways, if you are going to raise preflop, you should raise more than a dollar. I would raise to $2 or $3 since the table appears to be quite loose. Then you have to raise that wimpy flop betting. You made TPGK which is exactly what you are looking for with AJ, so don't let the flush draw get there cheaply. Then just keep betting. These tables usually chase way too much and raise way too little so take advantage of that by betting and betting and betting. When they raise you, they probably have the goods, so you can fold a one pair hand if played back at. But at least make it hard for them to draw in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks