PDA

View Full Version : Did I lose an Extra Bet?

whatsgoingon
09-11-2002, 10:19 AM
a 2-4 with lots of idiots..lose but mostly passive. I get delt AA UTG so I raise. I get a caller to my immeditly left(IL) and the Cut off. Flop comes AK5 2 spades. I bet IL raises cutt off calls. I re-rasise and IL caps...called by Cut Off. Next card comes a 5x I bet and both call. Next card is a 2x no flush(i have Ace full of 5s) I bet..IL raise...cuttoff calls..I rerasie and IL calls and Cuttoff Calls. IL has pocket 5s and Cuttoff was "2 embarassed to show" so should I have re raised his raise on the last round?

later,
whatsgoingon

Boylermaker
09-11-2002, 11:11 AM
I would have raised this to the hilt. You don't make aces full that often -- you were unlucky and ran into a bigger hand. Plus, he could have had KK, A5s or such for all you know.

eMarkM
09-11-2002, 11:57 AM
I would've done exactly the same thing you did, I would've gone to war with this hand and lost a lot of money. Especially when the guy with the nuts simply calls a bet on the turn. I certainly wouldn't put him on 55. He's the one who's making the mistake here, IMO. Why doesn't he raise the turn with the nuts? Why slowplay here when you're obviously ready for war? And then he doesn't cap on the river, just calls a raise?!?

I had a similar situation once with QQ and the flop comes KQT all clubs. I'm a little afraid of the flush, but came out firing with my trips. 3 or 4 call the bet and the turn is a T. Great a boat, no need to worry about the flush draw, now I welcome it. I bet the turn, get raised. Great, someone has the flush. I reraise and the raiser calls. River is a rag and I bet out. Guys calls. I'm expecting to beat a A or K high flush. He turns over J9c for the flopped str8 flush! Here I'm ready to go to war and should have lost a lot more money since I would have certainly capped both the turn and the river. This idiot inexplicitly left a lot of money on the table. It boggles my mind to this day.

johnb
09-11-2002, 10:10 PM
If I make aces full, someone else had quads, and I do not lose a lot of money, I played the hand wrong...