PDA

View Full Version : 3 Small Blind Hands --- Standard or Not?

pokerstudAA
02-24-2005, 09:11 PM
A few hands that comments would be appreciated on. Some of these seem basic but I appreciate any input.

------------------
Hand 1:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

A 3-bet should get the BB to fold any possible weak overcard hand.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

If I 3-bet preflop I need to lead out at most flops right? I am representing the K.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

I would have check/folded the turn. But....he checked. His check smelled weak here so I lead the weak flush on the river.

River: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

---------------------
Hand 2:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Boo Hoo.

Both MP2 and the Button were solid 20vp. I dumped these boys Pre-flop. It was either cap it or fold right? I am not going to like any flop without my set J.

---------------------
Hand 3:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Should I consider 3-betting here? I dont mind the BB coming along and this hand plays good mulitway - I didnt 3-bet because I was out of position. I probably should have with all the dead money in the pot.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

No big draws for me or anyone else. My hand is probably good is no one flopped a set or has AA.

Turn: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Could the poster have that third 8? No flush or st. draws available.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Can I value bet this river or still fear some junky trips hand?

Final Pot: 14 BB

I know that I probably missed alot of bets with this hand.

mr pink
02-24-2005, 09:15 PM
hand 1 - i'd be inclined to fold the flop after getting raised.

hand 2 - easy 3-bet preflop, postflop i probably play the same. i call the turn raise because it's hard to see him bluff raising into a bettor and 2 callers.

einbert
02-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Hand 1--If the player is tight, you really want to threebet his EP raise? So I think it depends on the player. Against a loose raiser this is certainly correct but against a tighter EP raiser I think you should fold.

Did you consider folding to the flop raise? Villian could easily have a K, a J, or a higher PP. You've got 2 set outs + 1.5 outs for your BDFD so 3.5 outs with 10-1 pot odds, but I think you are getting negative implied odds if you intend to call down the rest of the way UI. I guess you planned to check/fold the turn UI?

I like the turn and river play.

Hand 2 looks good to me. If these guys were loose you could play, but against tight players this is a pretty clear fold for me.

Hand 3 I am 3-betting PF every time. YOu have a significant equity edge against 3 other players, get the money in while you still have a big edge. You will gain a lot of information if one of them caps, well worth the extra 2 SB you're putting in.

I like your postflop play. Betting the river is a consideration but it's likely someone will take a stab and you can snap them off, or they'll bet their K with a worse kicker for you.

emonrad87
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Hand 1 - I think this is a preflop fold.

Hand 2 - I would just get mad about this and probably cap, then say, WTF was i thinking afterwards. Thank god that situation doesnt come up too often. Good fold.

Hand 3 - THREE BET!!!

billyjex
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Hand 1 - Fold preflop. 88 against an EP raiser out of position sucks.

Hand 2 - A well-disciplined fold. I would still call here probably, and if you flop on overpair there's a chance you're still ahead, but I don't think in the long run it's worth that investment.

Hand 3 - 3-bet PF! You have a great hand multiway, get as many bets as you can in.