PDA

View Full Version : Fun with a passive

bernie
02-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Mucks 10-20

Good game, as usual. Button is a somewhat loose, but predictably passive player.

6 see the flop for 2 bets. I raised preflop from MP with KK against 2 EPs.

Flop 6 5 Q

EPs check watching me, I check, Checked to button who bets. hmm. Both EPs call, I call. 4 to the turn

Turn 5

EP bets out as I thought he would. other EP calls, I raise, Button 3 bets, everyone insta-folds.

Button looks at us 3 in disbelief. Then tries pathetically to tell us that he was just putting a move on the pot because he knew bernie was putting a move on it. I laughed and said, yeah, you're putting a move on me through 2 other players? ok. Nice hand.

He yapped about his lack of action on that hand for about another orbit or 2. It was kind of humorous.

b

wuwei
02-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Turn makes sense based on your read, but I'm wondering about the flop. Did you check an overpair on the flop with one person to act behind you that you described as predictably passive? What's up with that?

Trix
02-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I hate the flop check and dont understand why this play has to resurface once a month.

emonrad87
02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
WTF was the flop check???

Stork
02-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I think the flop check is good if any pair or gutshot would call a flop bet. Better to wait for the turn if that's the case. If you can fold any pair though, definetely bet.

bernie
02-24-2005, 09:32 PM
1] It was kinda funny how the button reacted.

I posted this hand mainly because lately there've been a few posts about calling raises/3bets on the turn from passive players. Like all of a sudden these passive players are capable of making a move on a big street.

They're not. At least not near enough that it costs you much in the longrun.

b