PDA

View Full Version : starting your own business?

morgan180
02-24-2005, 08:12 PM
anyone done it??

i'm in the middle of it and holy [censored] is all i can say. talk about no sleep ever and the amount of crap that the US government requires and the excrutiating slow pace they move at is just ridiculous.

manpower
02-24-2005, 08:17 PM
sucks don't it?

My dad started a company in the early '80s. Apparently the regulation was looser back then though. I have talked to a number of people starting restaurants though and it's supposed to be really a lot of work. Good luck man.

morgan180
02-24-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sucks don't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

wonderwes
02-24-2005, 08:25 PM
If you can sell something in bulk, and ship it easily, and there is a decent amount of market interest, then you can build an ebay business in no time. Plastic chairs, knit hats, socks, whatever. Ebay it.

Zoltri
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Wait till you get to the long hours and the stress levels that come with running it.

Alobar
02-24-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah, it blows....which is why I'm glad I found poker. I dont have to deal with that [censored] anymore

bholdr
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
IMO, it all depends on the type of bussuness that you're getting into. I had a (semi)successful houspainting bussuness for a number of years and it was a major headache, but better than working for 'the man'. I also have a buddy that just opened his own resturaunt- he killed himself for three months with the paperwork, liscenses, insurance, and just the work of getting it going, but is rolling in the dough now (no pun intended). of course any bussiness gets much much more complicated if you're shipping stuff accross state lines/ internationally, or renting/leasing property, etc.

I'd have to say that if you can deal with the beurocratic hassles of setting up you're business, there's a good chance you'll be successfull at it. GL.

I'd have to say that if you can deal with the