PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE sad addict challenge (x-post)

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 08:10 PM
So this one is big.

I really want to push my poker career over the next year. In twelve months i will be disppointed if im at least not really close to the party 15-30 game, as my goal is eventually to be a high limit B&M professional. And, i like competition. And, i like making people karoake. (More on this later.) To that end, i am throwing down the "i have a bigger peen" guantlett.

The Challenge.

The Challenge will run as follows. Starting March first,2005, and ending on march first 2006 participants will be competing to see who is the ultimate 2+2 addict. We will be competing in four catagories, as follows: 1) Number of hands played, 2) number of posts on 2+2, 3) Placement in Ultimate Challenge Monthly Tournies, and 4) Funniest post.

To explain the catagories, lets turn to our hostess for the kickoff Mallory Snyder!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/features/2005_swimsuit/models/images/05_msnyder_04.jpg

"thanks cnfuzzd. The catagories are pretty easy to udnerstand, but the scoring is not. Each contestant will recieve a cumulative score based on their rankings in the number of hands race, the number of posts race, and their standings in the Ultimate Challenge tournaments. The number of hands catagory will be worth 200 points to whomever plays the most, and the other two catagories will be worth 100 points each. All rankings in each of the first three catagories will be graded on a curve, based on some method that cnfuzzd's elementary school teacher friend knows. At the end of the period, each participant will nominate what they feel to be their funniest post, and a poll will be put up in the OOT forum. Each vote that a participant recieves will add one point onto their total score. Then, on april seventh, 2006, final standings will be posted. Back to cnfuzzd for some more details and the prizes being offered! Dont i have a nice rack?"

Thanks mallory, you certainly do. So, whats the point of all this? Well, here is the reward/punishment scheme i have come up with. After one year of crazy winning poker, all participants will converge in las vegas for a couple of days of drunken gambling debauchery. We will have at that point a final standing list that will give you your place, first through last At some point during this trip, we find a bad karoake bar. All those on the top half of the standings list get to pick bad karoake songs that the loser must perform. The first place participant gets to choose one song for the last place, second place for second to last place, and so on and so forth. What could be more fun than hearing cnfuzzd belt out "I touch myself" or Entity serenading us with "Shock the Monkey?" Good clean american fun. Just to let everyone know how we are doing, we will be posting monthly updates and standings, so we can be even more competitive. Whos In?

Seriously though, i thought this would be a fun way to further drive myself to some intense pokering, and a good way to have a fun 2+2 gathering in march. If no one wants to participate thats cool, but what could be more fun?

Also, i know this probably wasnt that coherent as ive only had one cup of hy-vee coffee because i ran out of the espresso, so any questions just throw em out.

peace

john nickle

obeythekitten
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM
too long; didnt read.

radek2166
02-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Peace John Nickle. You have too much time on your hands.

Adde
02-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I have to agree with Phoebe, sorry.

Adde

Uglyowl
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Can someone post the crib note version. Nice pic though

Tony Corbett
02-24-2005, 09:10 PM
He'd like someone to pick a song for him to sing in a CarryMeOuttaHere bar in Vegas 2006. The person picking the song needs to be at the performance to both suffer and laugh and help with the carrying out. I think that's what it's about but my fit bird pic reading skills aint what they were.

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too long; didnt read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thats pretty lame. Seriously. LAME.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He'd like someone to pick a song for him to sing in a CarryMeOuttaHere bar in Vegas 2006. The person picking the song needs to be at the performance to both suffer and laugh and help with the carrying out. I think that's what it's about but my fit bird pic reading skills aint what they were.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the worst summation since george bush ended combat operations. Seriously.

peace

john nickle

Uglyowl
02-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Short version:

I am not achieving my "I want to be a pro challenge".. so I made up another one.

(HOT CHICK)

ARRRRR..(not easy) tons of categories, tons of points...

Everyone goes to Vegas next year for drinking and poker. Winners of standings pick songs for losers to sing.

END---------------------------------------------------

The point scoring is trickier to understand than the NFL QB Rating.

Jurollo
02-24-2005, 10:29 PM
I personally am a big Fuzz Fan (we call ourselves Fuzzheads) Everyone else in this thread can screw, haha... I support him 110%, I also agree that it is lame these neandrathals couldn't read the whole thing, although I will say the picture of Mallory distracted me for 5-10 minutes (that might be generous though) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
~Justin

*5 Posts till Jurollo 1K! Who's ready for the party of the year?!?!*

GrannyMae
02-24-2005, 10:32 PM
freaking AWESOME!

i'm IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

p.s. remind me to get an explanation some day of what i just commited to.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/dazdrool.gif

Jurollo
02-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Granny remind me to make sure my 1,000th post revolves around what exactly your sex is.. I want to be the one to break the biggest mystery we have here @ 2+2!
~Justin

3 more till 1K!

GrannyMae
02-24-2005, 10:41 PM
exactly your sex is

lesbian post-op tranny

memphis57
02-24-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"thanks cnfuzzd. The catagories are pretty easy to udnerstand, but ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ya love the way she says "udnerstand"?

Losing all
02-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Lots, but kinda dry.

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally am a big Fuzz Fan (we call ourselves Fuzzheads) Everyone else in this thread can screw, haha... I support him 110%, I also agree that it is lame these neandrathals couldn't read the whole thing, although I will say the picture of Mallory distracted me for 5-10 minutes (that might be generous though) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
~Justin

*5 Posts till Jurollo 1K! Who's ready for the party of the year?!?!*

[/ QUOTE ]

The pic is in there not only as a tribute to my new "home" of OOT, although im working on SS, but also to add some excitment and give one something to do while one is reading this admittedly somewhat lengthy post. Glad for the support, i think it should be a good time following the monthly standings and the competition itself should be great, especially if granny is participating. It will be especially exciting since granny doesnt play poker, so i know that granny will be singing THE best song of the night.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
freaking AWESOME!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

p.s. remind me to get an explanation some day of what i just commited to.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/dazdrool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh granny, just two words: SUCKER!!!!

although clearly youve got the "most posts" category wrapped up.

peace

john nickle

Rudbaeck
02-25-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
freaking AWESOME!

[/ QUOTE ]

As this thing now will end with the fat lady singing (or atleast Granny singing) in Vegas I've got to get in too!

You could use it in your commercials "Guaranteed to hear Granny Mae sing when it's over!"

cnfuzzd
02-25-2005, 05:12 PM
bump. Join the insanity

peace

john nickle

sourbeaver
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Give me some of that cake.

Tk79
02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I do think its always good to have an excuse to make an extra trip to vegas for the year but perhaps a restructuring of sorts ought to be in order here.

cnfuzzd
02-25-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do think its always good to have an excuse to make an extra trip to vegas for the year but perhaps a restructuring of sorts ought to be in order here.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would you suggest? Not that your suggestions really matter unless you are going to sign up, but im still somewhat interested.

peace

john nickle

I Play 2 Ski
02-25-2005, 07:53 PM
wow sign me up, I want to be Poker Idol!!

MEbenhoe
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
well i won't be 21 until late april of 2006, alas I cannot join the madness. Good luck though, sounds like an awesome challenge.

cnfuzzd
02-26-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well i won't be 21 until late april of 2006, alas I cannot join the madness. Good luck though, sounds like an awesome challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.elisha-cuthbert.konta.waw.pl/galerie/IMAGES/elisha-cuthbert-2.jpg

"hey MEbenhoe, this is elisha, your ultimate challenge hosts for march. I discussed this with mallory and cnfuzzd, and we decided that if you want to participate, we can put the vegas date off untill you are 21, in fact, we could even make it ON your birthday, to make it extra special. Ive been busy looking extra sporty and sexy in this top, so if you are interested, just get with cnfuzzd, and he can work out the details. Join in the fun!!!"

[censored]
02-26-2005, 04:31 AM
I'll join. Do OOT posts count?

cnfuzzd
02-26-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll join. Do OOT posts count?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course they do....

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
02-28-2005, 07:39 AM
final bump. PM's will go out today to confirm entries. LETS DO IT!!!

peace

john nickle