PDA

View Full Version : The poker Mountain banner at the top of the the page

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Ive gotten so used to no ads with mozilla that this is really bothering me. Its flash though, so i cant block it. Any other options to get this to not show up? Sorry to waste your time, but consider the rest of the threads on the first page, this has AT LEAST as much value....

peace

john nickle

razor
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Firefox w/Adblock = No Ads

shadow29
02-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Where can I get adblock?

Lazymeatball
02-24-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually read the post to which you responded too? I too find a flashing Daniel Negreanu bothersome.

Fratony
02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Adblock doesnt automatically block all ads, you need to tell it what to block. Unfortunately you cant right-click on flash and say "block ad". However, adblock does allow you to block entire directories, this will get rid of the flash stuff if you can find the directory. Usually if you right click on an image and do adblock a window pops up and you can see where the ad is. Usually I just delete it down to where it says "blah blah blah/blah blah blah/ads/" and it gets rid of all the ads at once. Hopefully this helps.

robinsons
02-24-2005, 11:37 PM
blocking adverts will ultimately result in a decrease in both the quantity and the quality of many sites that you visit. thoughts?

cnfuzzd
02-25-2005, 12:31 AM
disagree. Ive never ever ever clicked on a single banner that ive seen on this website. WOnt happen, now or ever. If everyone starts using mozilla Firefox for this purpose, then your theory would be accurate, but given that most ads are clicked by morons, and morons dont typically use mozilla, i think the websites are safe.

peace

john nickle

BusterStacks
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually read the post to which you responded too? I too find a flashing Daniel Negreanu bothersome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite sure he did read the post, since this should have ended the thread.

daryn
02-25-2005, 12:42 AM
i use firefox, but somehow have no desire to block ads. they just don't bother me.

razor
02-25-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where can I get adblock?

[/ QUOTE ]

I followed someone else's instructions, so I might not have it right. But, if I remember correctly, click Tools - Extensions on your FireFox menu, then click Get More Extensions. I think the rest is self-explanatory.

razor
02-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I found the original post from lucas9000...

Adding Adblock to FireFox (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1664459&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)