PDA

View Full Version : Flush over flush?

emonrad87
02-24-2005, 05:35 PM
I've read on here before that generally you assume your flush is going to be the best unless there are really good reasons why it wouldn't be. But in this situation, do i call down g00t or am I a weak tighty?

No real reads on villians. Not overly passive, though, so the turn raise doesn't scream high flush.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

MercTec
02-24-2005, 05:37 PM
3 bet the turn and check/call the river if capped.

Villian "slowplays" a 4 here enough to make ur frush goot. And J high aint nuthin to sneeze at.

Fat Nicky
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
not enough evidence for me that he has the higher flush. I'd three bet the turn in case he drawing with the A/images/graemlins/club.gif The villain could also have 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. Basically, it's too early to slow down.

Shillx
02-24-2005, 05:42 PM
The problem with slowing down has little to do with fearing the flush. It has to do with how many people are in the pot. If it is HU and you get into a spewing war, you are screwed if he has the nut flush. With other people putting $$$ into the pot (like the BB) you can afford to take the wrong read more often. Granted it would be better if both the BB and MP1 were still in the pot, but with someone else padding the pot (in case you are drawing dead) I would 3-bet the turn.

Brad