PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE sad addict challenge

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 04:45 PM
So this one is big.

I really want to push my poker career over the next year. In twelve months i will be disppointed if im at least not really close to the party 15-30 game, as my goal is eventually to be a high limit B&M professional. And, i like competition. And, i like making people karoake. (More on this later.) To that end, i am throwing down the "i have a bigger peen" guantlett.

The Challenge.

The Challenge will run as follows. Starting March first,2005, and ending on march first 2006 participants will be competing to see who is the ultimate 2+2 addict. We will be competing in four catagories, as follows: 1) Number of hands played, 2) number of posts on 2+2, 3) Placement in Ultimate Challenge Monthly Tournies, and 4) Funniest post.

To explain the catagories, lets turn to our hostess for the kickoff Mallory Snyder!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/features/2005_swimsuit/models/images/05_msnyder_04.jpg

"thanks cnfuzzd. The catagories are pretty easy to udnerstand, but the scoring is not. Each contestant will recieve a cumulative score based on their rankings in the number of hands race, the number of posts race, and their standings in the Ultimate Challenge tournaments. The number of hands catagory will be worth 200 points to whomever plays the most, and the other two catagories will be worth 100 points each. All rankings in each of the first three catagories will be graded on a curve, based on some method that cnfuzzd's elementary school teacher friend knows. At the end of the period, each participant will nominate what they feel to be their funniest post, and a poll will be put up in the OOT forum. Each vote that a participant recieves will add one point onto their total score. Then, on april seventh, 2006, final standings will be posted. Back to cnfuzzd for some more details and the prizes being offered! Dont i have a nice rack?"

Thanks mallory, you certainly do. So, whats the point of all this? Well, here is the reward/punishment scheme i have come up with. After one year of crazy winning poker, all participants will converge in las vegas for a couple of days of drunken gambling debauchery. We will have at that point a final standing list that will give you your place, first through last At some point during this trip, we find a bad karoake bar. All those on the top half of the standings list get to pick bad karoake songs that the loser must perform. The first place participant gets to choose one song for the last place, second place for second to last place, and so on and so forth. What could be more fun than hearing cnfuzzd belt out "I touch myself" or Entity serenading us with "Shock the Monkey?" Good clean american fun. Just to let everyone know how we are doing, we will be posting monthly updates and standings, so we can be even more competitive. Whos In?

Seriously though, i thought this would be a fun way to further drive myself to some intense pokering, and a good way to have a fun 2+2 gathering in march. If no one wants to participate thats cool, but what could be more fun?

Also, i know this probably wasnt that coherent as ive only had one cup of hy-vee coffee because i ran out of the espresso, so any questions just throw em out.

peace

john nickle

Emmitt2222
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm not quite understanding the curve thing. I am a student so there is no way I will be able to keep up with the professionals. Are my handcounts curved or am I just not the type of person to be in on this sort of thing? Is this really just mostly for fulltimers? Also, will Mallroy be in Vegas to "congratulate" the winner?

SCfuji
02-24-2005, 05:21 PM
i thought i told you to lay OFF the drugs fuzzy. good idea and i like it but im not man enough to participate. i prefer watching from the stands and lmao.

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite understanding the curve thing. I am a student so there is no way I will be able to keep up with the professionals. Are my handcounts curved or am I just not the type of person to be in on this sort of thing? Is this really just mostly for fulltimers? Also, will Mallroy be in Vegas to "congratulate" the winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

The curve thing just means that there is not set standard, and that points would be assigned based on whoever plays/posts the most gets 100 points, its not a handicap or anything. As such, this challenge really is just for the full timers, or for those who want to sing some bad karoake. Sorry, if you want to join a challenge, try the open challenge, thats usually good about pairing people up with those who play comparable numbers...

also, ive been told that if one is really drunk, i look a bit like mallory. really, REALLY drunk,,,,

peace

john nickle

MarkL444
02-24-2005, 05:55 PM
posts in OOT shouldnt count IMO

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you accept the challenge, then and only then will your opinion matter! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

lucas9000
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
i'm going to need more pics of the hostess to adequately assess this matter.

MarkL444
02-24-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you accept the challenge, then and only then will your opinion matter! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i considered it for a second, but then realized that
A)im going on vacation for a month; and
B)i would lose anyways

DMBFan23
02-24-2005, 07:27 PM
no no no, its like outswimming a shark...you dont have to be faster than the shark, just faster than your friend.

kendal14
02-24-2005, 07:37 PM
This kind of challenge is just the kind of temptation to become a real poker addict/full time nut. But I got the 9-5 to think about and until I can reliably make my mortgage payments+insurance+school loan+non poker drunken debauchery payments through poker (read: never) I will have to sit this year out. I love the challenge... though I think the number of posts to 2+2 will be the toughest to monitor/validate.

This brings up a year long OPEN hand challenge idea though. Have you kept track of W-L-T records for those that have participated? Maybe we could create a league full with standings and a year end award (something akin to BisonBison's ADHOC challenge cup).

wuwei
02-24-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) number of posts on 2+2,

[/ QUOTE ]

A question for our hostess (nothing personal, pjn). Could we make it either

1. Strategy posts in general.
2. Strategy posts specifically in response to someone else's hand that they posted.

I offer these thoughts to try to limit the spamming of strategy forums by people boosting their post count.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

sin808
02-24-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive been told that if one is really drunk, i look a bit like mallory. really, REALLY drunk,,,,

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds less like drunk and more like alcohol poisoning.

Alobar
02-24-2005, 09:06 PM
If this challenge will have pics of the hostess everytime there is a thread, then count me in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian
02-24-2005, 09:16 PM
You can count me in. And, now that I'm officially in, I nominate Elisha Cuthbert as the official hostess:

http://www2.arnes.si/~jsubic5/Wallpapers/Elisha%20Cuthbert/Elisha%20Cuthbert%2004.jpg

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this challenge will have pics of the hostess everytime there is a thread, then count me in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We will have a new hostess each month. And it will be good.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
02-24-2005, 09:51 PM
She can be our players list and first month misc hostess. Welcome aboard. I will commence the [censored] talk once im no longer your bitch.

peace

john nickle

Blackjack
02-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Definitely Elisa Cuthbert... The Girl Next Door and 24 give me the boner.

cnfuzzd
02-25-2005, 05:19 PM
bump, join the insanity

peace

john nickle

eric5148
02-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Sounds like good times, but what's this Ultimate Challenge tournament?

I don't play tournaments cuz 99% of the time when I play a tournament, things seem to get smashed against walls all over the house.

Snoogins47
02-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Let's see. I'm a sad addict, and my 21st birthday is March 18th, 2006. I plan on having my two monitor set up running by Monday.

This could not possibly work out any better. It's a sign from Lemmy that I have to do this. I have very little chance at the total posts title, but who knows what sort of damage I can do on the karaoke stage.

I guess this means I'm in.

sthief09
02-26-2005, 09:53 AM
her name is Kim Bauer, idiot

jason_t
02-26-2005, 10:48 AM
i just call her goddess.

cnfuzzd
02-28-2005, 07:40 AM
final bump, PMs will go out today to confirm entries. LETS DO IT!!!!

peace

john nickle