PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself....Custom Chip Labels

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to say hello to the 2+2 community out there. I've followed the board for awhile now just checking things out. I opened a brick and mortar store last October in Louisville, KY selling poker chips, tables, t-shirts, dvds, KEM and COPAG, etc. etc. The name of my company is Kentucky Poker Depot.

Just wanted to show you all a few labels that I have made for customers in the past month or so and see what you guys think. I use 1 inch labels for the Nexgens, Dice, Diamond, and suited chips and 35.5mm ,roughly 1.2 inches, for the 8 stripe blank chips with arecessed center)

I actually didnt think the custom laser printing of chips woud become this big this fast, so I haven't scanned the actual chips yet, but here is the artwork for some of my previous stuff.

Also, before i get yelled out, I will be taking advertising on 2+2 and I already order books for my store through this site, so I am in no way trying to get free business. I just want people to take a look and see what they think, and if people are interested, then its a plus.

Thanks,
Kevin Stich

Custom Chip Labels from Kentucky Poker Depot (http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2130889729&page=0&g_Offset=0)

smoore
02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Welcome. Please consider purchasing a 2+2 classified to support this site /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

msb
02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, before i get yelled out, I will be taking advertising on 2+2 and I already order books for my store through this site, so I am in no way trying to get free business.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome. Please consider purchasing a 2+2 classified to support this site /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I know you obviously don't read other's posts all the way through before responding... I'll wait till the very end of this sentence before calling you a dick. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

smoore
02-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Thank you... hey WAIT!

edit... he edited the post, msb /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jojobinks
02-24-2005, 04:41 PM
just mho, but the fact that he's gonna buy space doesn't change the fact that he's pushing product in the forum.

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 04:53 PM
honestly, I didn't lay out a bunch of prices, specific products I sell, not did I even put my website address to my store. I Simply introduced myself and asked what people think of the labels.

Sorry for the confusion, but I have contributed over 1,300 dollars to the purchasing of books over the past 3 months to the Sklansky's and adverting this website at my store and will be getting advertising space the next week.

I'm sure this 100x more than what some people do for this board. I try to help out in anyway I can. Sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way.

FUpaymee
02-24-2005, 04:56 PM
I am from Louisville (my college is in Ohio, but I am in Louisville for much of the year). Where is your store located? That is awesome, though...did you have anything to do with that poker kiosk in the mall during the holidays? I bought some 13.5g chips as a gift from that little place. I always thought it would be great if there was a poker supplies store in the Louisville area. How is business going?

I'll be home in May for 4 months...if you need any help over the summer let me know. I could always use a summer job of some sort. E-mail me: ryanmiles94@hotmail.com

jojobinks
02-24-2005, 04:56 PM
a little defensive. i haven't seen anyone attack you, so don't feel attacked.

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey Ryan, Yes, that is my kiosk in St. Matthews Mall in Louisville. Thanks alot for buying a set from me out there. That 13.5 gram set was my hottest selling chip set. Business has been great and has only gotten better since I started to do custom labels last month.

Defnitely keep in touch and get back to me when you get outta school, i might have a available spot for you in the summer to work

Thanks.
Kevin

kevin@kypokerdepot.com

jalsing
02-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Can you post your pics in a way where we don't have to sign up to view them??

msb
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you... hey WAIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought maybe he did, but I figured I'd try to get in a ball-buster anyway /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Im not sure how to upload them to view, if someone can help, that would be great

jojobinks
02-24-2005, 05:32 PM
try imageshack. i just learned it. it's pretty easy, and is made for this sort of stuff.

CptMisery
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't know why posters are bashing this post. Many of you have placed posts for opinions on your chips and/or chip labels. The poster did not solicit business, he just explained what his business is. Some of you need to lighten up.

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Okay guys, got the images uploaded.. Now let me know what you all think. Good or Bad

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/5933/samples8wd.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

smoore
02-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Very classy, expensive looking art. you're going to make some nexgen owners quite happy

Fins
02-24-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you... hey WAIT!

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you edit & remove signs that it was edited?

- Fins

Eric H
02-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Nice!

smoore
02-24-2005, 06:49 PM
yeah, Fins... just uncheck "mark this post as edited" when you edit it.

Fins
02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Nice work with a lot of detail. Some of the designs look off center and/or not round?? Are they all designs you've sold or are they new? Some of the fonts are hard to read.

Welcome to the forum,
Fins

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey Fins, thanks for the compliments. Just a couple chips were used for actual chips so far, so alot of these designs are still up for grabs if you like.. Also, about the centering. All these designs are just rough drafts and have not been figure formatted to the exact chip dimensions for the labels yet. But, be assured they will come out prefectly round and centered in the end. I just wanted to get a few designs out there to show you guys.

theRealMacoy
02-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Welcome Kentucky,

Nice effort on the designs.
I sure with there was a BM poker store up 'round these parts.

Good luck with your store my fine Southern neighbour,

The Real Macoy

ricochet420
02-25-2005, 03:05 AM
I am sure they will be wonderful. If you are printing them, will they REALLY be PERFECTTLY CENTERED? No offense, I have just heard it is almost impossible. I rec'd some labels a week or so ago from Jason and while they are awesome, some(more than I'd like) were not centered perfectly, some not even close. [ QUOTE ]
But, be assured they will come out prefectly round and centered in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ky_Poker_Depot
02-25-2005, 04:57 AM
I honestly, while its hard to get every single sheet centered onto the paper, i assure all prints to be centered as much as possible. Trial and error and even including additonal sheet labels helps with the process of correcting centered labels. I have samples availabe at anytime for a small price if anyone if interested.