PDA

View Full Version : ZeeJustin's 94s hand from the EPT French Open

PrayingMantis
02-24-2005, 03:54 PM
It was actually final table, but only last 8 is considered final table for TV, so when they were down to 9, they still waited for someone to bust in order to call it a day, and take a break until the real final table the day after.

I've been watching some of it from the rail, but saw this hand only when it was practically over and the cards were shown. So I don't remember the actual chip counts, only that there were probably 2 short-stacks around there, trying to outlast eachother. The following information is basically from the EPT blog.

Blinds 15000/7500, ante 1500. Brandon Schaefer with the big stack (not sure how much, maybe around 550,000) raises to 40,000 in mid-position. ZJ makes it 100K to go on the button (he has probably about 300,000 or somewhat more at that point). Luca Pagano reraises all-in from the BB, for 191,500. Schaefer quickly folds and ZJ goes into the tank and finally calls. He shows 94s and loses a huge pot to Pagano's QQ.

I think that was a critical hand for Justin, as he only merely made it to the final table after that loss (where he played a great game and finished 4th).

I hope ZJ will comment on this hand and will clear up some details. I think it's a very interesting hand.

DonButtons
02-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Big stack trying to steal, justin goes for the resteal (prob. tight blinds), opps, blind picks up a huge hand, and he has to call due to pot odds.

Sam T.
02-24-2005, 04:06 PM
There was a discussion of this hand a few days ago here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1759688&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

PrayingMantis
02-24-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big stack trying to steal, justin goes for the resteal (prob. tight blinds), opps, blind picks up a huge hand, and he has to call due to pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all this is very obvious of course. There are however few factors that do make this hand more interesting than what you say, mainly, the sizes of the stacks acting behind ZJ, and the level of their actual tightness (plus the level of big-stack's LAGness, which was admittedly very high), and of course other "bubblish" factors that come to play in this situation. I'm pretty sure ZJ had some seconds thoughts about this move in retrospect, especially with regard to being forced to call a BB all-in due to pot-odds, which might make the whole resteal here a bit tricky.

PrayingMantis
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry, I missed it... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

No need for a new thread.