PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars's security mesures

happyjaypee
09-11-2002, 01:05 AM
I just got an e-mail from Pokerstars.

They were suspecting me of having two accounts or that I may be colluding whit a player called Gui_Mo and asked for an expanation.

Gui Mo is actually my little brother. I went to my folks place for diner and downloaded Pokerstars there to show him. Played a couple real money hands there and then helped him create an account. He plays only play money for the time being but he's still a competant player. He plays in my home game, NL hold'em 0,25$/0,50$ blinds and manage to make a couple bucks there.

Altrought there was nothing to worry about, i somehow felt secure by that mail. They do watch over people to ensure the game is fair for everyone and that pleased me.

Thumbs up for Pokerstars! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rainer
09-11-2002, 02:59 AM
Yeah. Thx. They are able to find out when 2 players with the same name, from the same city, open an account. Great job !! We all can feel safe now. That's exactly what they have to look for ! Same name, same city, same computer. Nobody is going to cheat that easy in their playmoney-games. Good!!

09-11-2002, 03:38 AM
If he was your wife and you lived in the same house, you could play at the same table together. At least that was the case the last time I corresponded with them.

Stu

Ryan_21
09-11-2002, 11:25 AM

GrannyMae
09-11-2002, 05:34 PM
If he was your wife and you lived in the same house, you could play at the same table together. At least that was the case the last time I corresponded with them.

in all fairness and defense to PokerStars Stu, the policy changed a while ago. you and your wife cannot play at the same table anymore, just in the same multi-player tourney.