PDA

View Full Version : Tricky - TPTK on turn gets action

JrJordan
02-24-2005, 03:35 PM
MP in this case has been relatively TAG. Only other time he 3-bet preflop he had a decent pocket pair, JJ I think. BB is the reason I'm at the table. Loose passive, just how I like em.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> A raise here won't get anyone to drop out, so I figure calling is cheaper to try and hit my overcards. </font>

Turn: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...

Subby
02-24-2005, 03:53 PM
With your read on this guy, I would just call here. Sure seems like he has AKs...

BK_
02-24-2005, 03:54 PM
i think this is an easy call down.

if he has KA, clearly you want to call down becuase raising wont fold him out and you want to split the other guys money.

if he has JJ-QQ and is raising to isolate the other guy, you want to call, keep the other guy in, and bet the river. raising will fold out both hands. the only advantage raising has it to get the other guy out with his likely 6 outs, but its not worth it at all imo

If he has AA, calling is cheaper than raising.

JrJordan
02-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Okay, my line wasn't too bad. I just get stuck in situations where cold calling might actually be a good diea (god forbid I cold call!) Anyway, I call the turn, river is a rag and gets checked to me. I bet, both call.

BB shows A7 and BB shows AA? Guess he got full value out of me...

I can't imagine my river bet is wrong here, especially with the fish in BB calling down I only have to be right a third of the time.