PDA

View Full Version : 8 - 12 or 16 Tabling? Please Correct Me if I’m Wrong

Timer
02-24-2005, 03:35 PM
By the way how do you spell tabling--tabler [tabling-tabeling, tabler, tablerer?] Currently I four-table. It is complete burnout. In order to 8 or 16 table you would have to have 2 or 4 different accounts (for the same site) or you would have to be playing on 2 or 4 different sites. In other words to 8 table at Party you would need two different accounts and two computers. 16 tabling at Party would require 4 different accounts and four computers. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Now if you have 2 computers and are playing four tables on each one don’t you also have to have two dial up connections? If you’re on a cable modem, then you could network them I guess so you wouldn’t need two dial up connections to play 8 tables, but then you'd have the same IP address for both computers, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Now you could play four tables at Party and four at some other site, and four more tables at yet another site on the same computer if you had three 21” monitors. But the feasibility of this approach isn’t that great. I played 8 games at a friends house one time, he had a great setup, two computers, two 21" monitors, so I played his account and mine, but it isn’t fun, and you miss much. Getting in and out of the games is a real pain, and again it’s total burnout. And I don’t play long hours—maybe three hours a day—in three different sessions. Any more than that and I’d be totally fried. So those who are 8-12 and 16 tabling for 7-8-10 or 12 hours a day, well I just don’t believe it, but if it’s true, they you truly are demigods on some order of magnitude, or some other sort of creature, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Oh wait, I know how you do it. You have an account at Party, Empire and Poker Now and play all three at the same time on one computer with three 21" monitors. Yea that would be easy I guess. Twelve poker games at the same time for 8 hours a day and you still make your 3, 4, 5 and six big bets per hour with rake back and bonuses ... let's see ... wow I can't even add that high.

So I play 4 tables and it’s total burnout for any length of time, so those who are 12 tabling or 16??!!, which I find extremely hard to believe, in fact I don’t believe it, really have my admiration.

One more observation. When I’m losing playing 4 tables I seem to lose on every table! It’s uncanny that you would lose on every table. You’d think you’d be winning on one or two, but no, you lose on every table so often it really makes you wonder. When I’m winning I usually win on 3 or 4 tables. It’s uncanny that it works this way but it does. So I guess if I was 8 or 12 tabling I would lose on every table when I was losing, which would mean I might have some bad days, but you know, that's what the standard deviation, variance, bonus whoring, rake back and or the linear relationships are for.

By the way I don't get any rake back, because when I signed up for them they said I put in the wrong bonus codes, which I didn't of course, and I said I would change it and put in the right bonus codes, but they said it's too late, you lose out, and I said, well, what could I say?, but they said it so it must be true, and this happened on Party and Empire, so I am really in admiration of those who get some rack back 8, 12 and 16 tabling [tabeling?] Wow that must really be cool.

So to wrap up, I don’t understand any of this, but then what do I know? I am a mere four-tabler [tabelerer?], who finds it very hard to keep up four-tabling even with my advanced IQ, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

KingMarc
02-24-2005, 03:52 PM
You can just 4 table at Party, 4 table at Empire, 4 table at Intertops, etc.

Predator314
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One more observation. When I’m losing playing 4 tables I seem to lose on every table! It’s uncanny that you would lose on every table. You’d think you’d be winning on one or two, but no, you lose on every table so often it really makes you wonder. When I’m winning I usually win on 3 or 4 tables. It’s uncanny that it works this way but it does. So I guess if I was 8 or 12 tabling I would lose on every table when I was losing, which would mean I might have some bad days, but you know, that's what the standard deviation, variance, bonus whoring, rake back and or the linear relationships are for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 4 table, working my way up to 8 tabling. However, it seems like I have one table that does all my winnning. I will have 2 or 3 times my initial buy in. Then there might be a table where I'm barely winning or barely losing. Then there might be a table where I'm down a buy in. It's rare that I lose or win on all 4 tables at the same time. Of course, I've had a couple of extremely good nights where I've at least doubled my buy-in on all 4 tables.

TMFS9
02-24-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, I've had a couple of extremely good nights where I've at least doubled my buy-in on all 4 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the nights where you feel like you can walk on water /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LinusKS
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So to wrap up, I don’t understand any of this, but then what do I know? I am a mere four-tabler [tabelerer?], who finds it very hard to keep up four-tabling even with my advanced IQ, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. I'm 40-tabling right now. (Normally I 60-table, but I'm talking to the dealership about my new Porshe, and my girlfriend Alizee is on the other line).

r3vbr
02-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I 35 table currently... but next week my goal is to add 12 more tables (bought two more monitors) bringing a total of 47 on 7 monitors. Oh and by the way, I was dating Alizee back in 2002 but I dumped her after she crashed my Aston Martin, damn I was so pissed I bought 3 new ones the very next day.

Rudbaeck
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
I 8-table on Party with one computer and one monitor. Will get a second monitor soon though. One account on Empire and one on Eurobet. 4 tables on each. No problems at all. And no, I cannot sit at the same table twice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It does get hectic, and when getting my feet wet on a new limit or game or bet structure I usually play 2 tables. Enough to keep good focus, and also enough that I don't die from boredom before I get done assimilating the new game.

Reading the proper forum here gets you a good repetoire of plays. Even better to post your own hands as well. (I suck at the last bit.)

Art Vandelay
02-24-2005, 06:40 PM
You guys are rookies. I just acquired the famous "monitor as big as my house" and by next week I'll be up to 1,000 tabling (the 400,000 tables is a pipe dream IMO). Despite my win rate of .001 BB/100 I still clear more than enough to make a decent living.

busguy
02-24-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but then what do I know? . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd say you sure "know" how to ramble . . . or is it rambler . . . . ramblee . . or rambling . . . or . . .

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

FlFishOn
02-25-2005, 12:29 AM
" and my girlfriend Alizee is on the other line). "

I only 32 table but my girlfriend is under the desk doing her duty.

zCereal
02-25-2005, 01:13 AM
the only way i can see 12 tables being feasible is with touch screen

finding the mouse for each computer and then getting to the button you want takes time, if you can just touch the monitor then you are golden

GMan42
02-25-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

finding the mouse for each computer and then getting to the button you want takes time, if you can just touch the monitor then you are golden

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, you don't need more than one computer & mouse...you just put multiple video cards in one pc and hook up multiple monitors. It can be set up as one big desktop and you can move the mouse freely from one screen to the next.

Dead
02-25-2005, 03:01 AM
You guys are all noobs.

I started a poker sweatshop in my basement and hired cheap immigrants from across the border to sit at my desks and input my directions.

I stand in front of them wearing a headset and an apron(you don't want to know), so I am able to 100-table.

DocMartin
02-25-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those are the nights where you feel like you can walk on water

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked on water tonight clearing multi at 2/4. It rocked.

jokerthief
02-25-2005, 04:17 AM
737 posts in 18 days!! WTF...

Bulbarainey
02-25-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all noobs.

I started a poker sweatshop in my basement and hired cheap immigrants from across the border to sit at my desks and input my directions.

I stand in front of them wearing a headset and an apron(you don't want to know), so I am able to 100-table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was seriously considering doing this.... but not exactly a sweatshop. we have a few trustworthy laborers that do some work for us, and I was thinking of setting them up 4 tabling 2/4$ once i get there, and giving them 10$ an hour. theyd get the same pay without labor and after a few months id set them out on their own, and they can return to their home country without having to sweat it out here. 2/4 in MX or south america = not a bad living...

Belok
02-25-2005, 08:44 AM
I have been regularly 8 tabling, but I did 12 tables for a while. 2 screens.

My problem with 12 tabling is the overlap. 12 wouldnt be too difficult to upgrade to, but overlap is a big hastle that makes it very easy to miss hands and time out. If my 8 tabling keeps working out, i'll get a 3rd monitor and up it to 12.

As for burnout... I've only really been 8 tabling for 5 days, always 4 tables before that... But for the past 5 days i've sorta been giving myself a part time job. I'd play from 6pm-12pm each night. Averaging 500 hands per hour I got in about 3k hands a day. Last night (5th day) it really just became rhythmic. It was very easy to just relax and play. I didnt time out at any of my tables, didnt get overly excited or bored. So the answer to the burnout, it really just takes some getting used to. I could do 4 tables very very easily now. I dont think i could ever go back to 1 table, id get too bored.

16 would probably be as many as I could possibly do...But i'll worry about that later

meow_meow
02-25-2005, 12:23 PM
You don't need multiple monitors. I 8-table 6max on my laptop, even though the screen resolution doens't even allow for 2-tabling without overlap. Works fine.

Fins
02-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
737 posts in 18 days!! WTF...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously true! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]