PDA

View Full Version : Another play I got berated for

Bigwig
02-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Can't find the hand, damnit, so here it is in my own writing.

PartyPoker $30+3

7 handed, blinds 25/50

Relevant stacks:

Hero (t800)
SB (t1900)
BB (t650)

Hero is on button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

All fold to Hero.

Hero raises to 150
SB calls 125
BB folds

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets 325
Hero reraises to 650 and is all-in
SB calls 325

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

River K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Final Pot: t1650

I mean, this is an automatic all-in, right?

Anyway, I got called 'fish,' 'lucky,' 'idiot,' etc.

wuwei
02-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Nice hand, sir.

Voltron87
02-24-2005, 03:29 PM
That is the way it is supposed to be done.

se2schul
02-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Nice play. I love getting berated for doing the right thing. My first instinct used too always be to explain to them to them and try to help them out. I've since decided that it's counter productive to try to educate a fish whose money I want to take.

I take a different (perhaps somewhat unethical) line now.
Now, if my call busts them out and they berate me, I just ignore them cause they're out of the game. If my call crippled them and they berate me, I goad and taunt them by replying with stuff like: "I may be a fish that sucks, but I have all your chips".

I find this can often put them on tilt and they'll often lose the rest of their stack very quickly.

The irony, being that they start tilting thinking they got sucked out on when in fact I made the right play.

Steve

AtticusFinch
02-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Well played, sir. I love it when I'm the favorite to win with a drawing hand, push, and, as expected, draw out. That just drives the fish nuts, and makes them think I'm a complete moron. What could be better?

curtains
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
I would play it pretty much just like this and I wouldn't be happy about going allin on the flop, but I'd do it anyway.

(I'm not too excited putting all the chips in on a 50-50 shot, which is basically what it is if he has an ace and he probably does, but the pot odds dictate it here and there's a small chance he has something like QJ with Jack of spades or that hes just an idiot with nothing.)

willie
02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I got called 'fish,' 'lucky,' 'idiot,' etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

by people who know absolutely nothing. I think this play is fine.

you have 650 left after the raise, pair + nut flush draw...

staaaaandard.