PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

OhBoy!
02-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Do you guys believe there's something inherently meaningful in regards to dreams or are these just subconscious brain farts? I had a weird one last night that touches upon a real life tragic event that happened in my life.

Discuss.

Shajen
02-24-2005, 01:59 PM
it depends. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BradleyT
02-24-2005, 02:02 PM
If you want some cool dreams try the nicoderm CQ patch.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 02:07 PM
I see little bits of the future in my dreams.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-24-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you dont.

i would assume dreams have some meaningful or reflective purpose.

OhBoy!
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird cuz some people really do believe they see some part of the future within their dreams. For example, my mother would forewarn my sister and I had she experienced some type of dream the night before where she feels something bad may happen in the near future. She tells us to be extra careful whether it be driving or just going out. Sometimes I feel this can be true. My aunt had a weird message dream a few days before her one and only son passed away in a fatal car accident.

Interesting stuff I think...

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you dont.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do.

daryn
02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
for instance, you dream about eating an apple, and that makes you want an apple, so when you wake up you go eat one. yeah i am psychic too.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 04:20 PM
No.

daryn
02-24-2005, 04:22 PM
it's cool that we are both psychic.

A_C_Slater
02-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was witnessing an eating contest between a group of people. Only they were eating cars. They all had paintbrushes in their hands and they would slather the car in barbecue sauce before devouring it. One guy was hardcore and he ate trucks instead. I think he ate 3 trucks before I woke up.

What does this mean?

[censored]
02-24-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night I had a dream that I was witnessing an eating contest between a group of people. Only they were eating cars. They all had paintbrushes in their hands and they would slather the car in barbecue sauce before devouring it. One guy was hardcore and he ate trucks instead. I think he ate 3 trucks before I woke up.

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked it up in my book about dreams. It means you are gay.

Luzion
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Try lucid dreaming. This means conciously realizing you are in a dream when you fall asleep. You won't have to worry about whether dreams have meaning or not, when you are able to have complete concious control over every facet of them while you are dreaming.

In fact, if you've had a lucid dream before, you should realize by now that dreams dont really have any special meaning in regards to predicting the future or what not.

http://www.ld4all.com/

A_C_Slater
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked it up in my book about dreams. It means you are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't everything?

heavybody
02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't have dreams anymore.

heavily bodied

OhBoy!
02-24-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was the case, maybe you should drive a truck. If you already do, eat it.

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 10:23 PM
I have had (or still do) 3 recurring dreams, and it is definetly one of the weirdest things in my life.

They aren't bad, but they kind freak me out to be honest, especially as i realize towards the very end that its the same dream... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone know anything about those lil guys?

peachy
02-24-2005, 10:23 PM
they r all thoughts uve had in some form or something that has happened etc, all jumbled up and mixed together - some come true /images/graemlins/laugh.gif some dont

so they r partly subconscious and conscious!

Fratony
02-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I have found that dreams usually have to do with something that happened that day or somewhat recently. These things usually reside in your subconcious and you dont really pick up on it when you wake up. Most people just think "what a weird dream, that doesnt make sense", but if you take everything you remember from your dream you can usually connect it back to something that happened recently or at least i can. I also wouldnt be surprised if people could see the future in dreams either, no one really knows what the mind is capable of to this day and the existance of parallel universes and what-have-you is still not entirely fiction. I have had encounters with deja vois when i know i have never been in that situation in reality before...who knows.

Isura
02-25-2005, 01:54 AM
I seem to have stopped having dreams around 20 (I'm 24 now). Maybe I'm too heavy a sleeper that I can never remember them. But my GF does, and she claims to have some where I'm cheating on here in the dream... And she swears that it's a prediction of the future. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

peachy
02-25-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to have stopped having dreams around 20 (I'm 24 now). Maybe I'm too heavy a sleeper that I can never remember them. But my GF does, and she claims to have some where I'm cheating on here in the dream... And she swears that it's a prediction of the future. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then thats something she dwells on in her mind at some point...and u do dream...u just dont remember them...during REM sleep everyone dreams and seeing as u would die without reaching ur REM cycle after a short period of time i assure u in the past 3 or 4 yrs uve had plenty hehe what happens is that u wake up at a stage FURTHER away from REM cycle therefore u dont remember them - Im willing to bet since u dont remember them u r waking up easily when u get up in the mornings (since ur in a beginning stage of sleep like 1 or 2 and not near ur REM cycle) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

heres a small break down that might help
each stage lasts on avg about 10 mins (unless SUPER SUPER SUPER tired where u go through the beginning stages faster to reach REM sleep)
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
REM
then u go backwards
Stage 4
Stage 3
Stage 2
Stage 1
then forwards again
Stage 2
Stage 3
and so on throughout the night...thats y u awake easier at certain times versus others. Most reach REM 4 or 5 times a nite depending on how long u sleep

If u can time these around right u can wake up better in the mornings feeling more refreshed and less tired (timing them around Stage 1 or 2 when u get up)

and a neat FYI - in stage 4 night terrors can occur which are similar to bad dreams and are more prominent in childhood - u wake up with this awful terror feeling and r panic strickened sometimes crying or screaming and are asleep while this is occuring but "appear" to be awake, but when asked later about the incident u cant remember what made it occur or that it even happened- its more prominent in little boys and had an adhernt genetic factor!

hehe and u sleep 1/3 of ur life!! 120+ days per year on avg!! lazy people!!

its also an ongoing debate if we dream in color or if we dream in black and white and our mind adds color after....

James282
02-25-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's weird cuz some people really do believe they see some part of the future within their dreams. For example, my mother would forewarn my sister and I had she experienced some type of dream the night before where she feels something bad may happen in the near future. She tells us to be extra careful whether it be driving or just going out. Sometimes I feel this can be true. My aunt had a weird message dream a few days before her one and only son passed away in a fatal car accident.

Interesting stuff I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mom should get a career as an Animaniac.
-James

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-25-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you dont.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no you dont. Arnt you a rocket scientist or some crap? i hope youre just making a bad joke.

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 03:22 AM
"Doesn't everything?"

Well if your gay shouldn't all accurate signs point to you being so?

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 03:25 AM
"she claims to have some where I'm cheating on here in the dream... And she swears that it's a prediction of the future."

If you really love her you should make sure she is correct. You wouldn't want her going around being wrong all the time would you?

tolbiny
02-25-2005, 03:33 AM
a couple of nights ago i had a bizzare dream- and my dream had a sound track.

During the entire dream i was on a large boat (with a bedroom and kitchen and shower) and Goerge Micheal's "Monkey" was playing druing the whole dream. And i was pacing up and down below decks, walking from the kitchen to the bedroom and ack and forth singing "Monkey"
"Why can't you do it?
Why can't you set your Monkey free,
Always getting into it
do you love your monkey or do you love me?
Why cant you do it
Why must i share my love with a monkey
monkey
monkey
IiiieeeeeiiiieeI!"

While my wife is in the bedroom betting railed by Brad Pitt. She is wearing a pink teddy, but with a clear plastic jacket over it (very similar to the one Cher puts on in "Clueless").
After a while my wife goes into the shower and Brad Pitt starts busting up the boat with a wooden baseball bat. I get angry and grab a metal softball bat and start hitting him with it. He looks at me and says- that seems fair- she is your wife.

CORed
02-25-2005, 04:08 PM
I sometimes used to have commercials in my dreams, which meant one of two things:

1. I was watching too much TV.

2. (Puts on tinfoil hat)
The bastards have figured out some way to slip commercials into everybody's dreams.
(removes tinfoil hat)

peachy
02-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes used to have commercials in my dreams, which meant one of two things:

1. I was watching too much TV.

2. (Puts on tinfoil hat)
The bastards have figured out some way to slip commercials into everybody's dreams.
(removes tinfoil hat)

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha this made me actually laugh....cheers!!

hahaha reminded me of one of the only great parts in the movie The Signs - the tin foil hats!!!

Isura
02-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow. Informative post. Thanks for that.

tbach24
02-25-2005, 11:35 PM
When I was 6-7 I had a recurring dream of being kidnapped with my brother, being forced to race sheep and then if I lost, being shot. Then one day I looked through this bush and saw some cops and a highway. Never had the dream again. My hippie art teacher/counselor is still looking for the symbolism..