PDA

View Full Version : Do any sites offer guaranteed overlay MTTs?

teddyFBI
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty new to the world of MTTs, but I'm enjoying them. I've been scouting out MTTs w/ overlays, but it feels pretty useless to enter a tourney, simply because there's like a $200 overall overlay, which might goose the in-the-money players' payouts by like $5 each.

Are there any sites that regularly offer guaranteed overlay tournaments?? Like I think I remember UB used to do "$5,000 added" tournies, where they'd just add $5G to whatever the payouts generated by the buy-ins turned out to be. I think that was just a special promomtion though...not a regular schedule...

teddyFBI
02-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Bump - someone's got to have an easy answer to this one...

Chief911
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Most people dont talk about the goldmines they are currently going to work in. =)

Nick

teddyFBI
02-24-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont talk about the goldmines they are currently going to work in. =)

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I see even the 2+2 comeraderie has it's limits.

Chief911
02-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I didnt say that. I'm simply pointing out that people dont run around advertising big overlays that often.

A good example is the empire 50k. Used to always be a big overlay, but now its hit and miss.

I dont know of any sites that have guarenteed overlays, but if you are looking for overlays, empire isn't a bad place to start.

Nick

ZBTHorton
02-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Almost all of the overlays that I knew that existed a couple of months ago are gone.

If your looking for them, obviously start on the smaller sites. They are looking to promote their site, and will have more promotions and "added" tournaments.

Bernas
02-25-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially 2+2. Who wants another shark in their fish tank. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What size buy in are you looking for? What type of guaranteed money are you looking for?

crookedhat99
02-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Right now there is a 200k gauranteed registering on Full Tilt, and there is a high chance there will be an overlay, which happened last time and they forked over 70k! They're going to all lengths to prevent it but theres a chance. It's 200+15 maybe +16 I forget

ThrillFactor
02-25-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm making you that list, wanna <censored> my girlfriend too? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll get you started: if you want overlays, DON'T look on Party or Stars. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bernas
02-25-2005, 11:12 AM
I hope you aren't entering this one yourself. Now it is going to be full of Brown Trout.

adanthar
02-25-2005, 02:19 PM
It's not gonna be overlaid in the end. There's already something like 450 qualifiers signed up with 2 weeks to go. Unfortunately, between the sats and the FPP qualifiers they'll probably hit 1K.

Anyway, FT doesn't have any guaranteed tourneys apart from that one and it's not regular. I'd search through the really small sites but I'm lazy.