PDA

View Full Version : Top Two Pair vs. 3 Flush Board

kyzerjose
02-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Top two pair hands are driving me nuts!

Two very similar hands so here’s the general tone:

Full table, 3/6. The table is trending towards L, (5-6 seeing many flops). pF raises on solid hands & position. A few LPs but for the most part, we’re all playing aggressively post-flop.

KTc in the CO.

1 limper to me and I raise.
Button folds, SB folds, BB calls as does the limper.
(6.5 sb)

Flop Ks, Ts, 2s

BB bets, limper folds, I raise, BB calls.
(10.5 sb)

Turn 7d

BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I …….?
(8.5 bb)

Is a re-raise knowing, I'm likely to get a call & giving me the odds (10.5:1) to draw, way too aggressive? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rico Suave
02-24-2005, 11:56 AM
kyzerjose:

[ QUOTE ]
Is a re-raise knowing, I'm likely to get a call & giving me the odds (10.5:1) to draw, way too aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that you are currently behind to a flush and want to 3-bet the turn so that you make sure there is enough $ in the pot to justify seeing the river with a 4 outer? If so, your thinking is way messed up.

I would call the raise and call the river.

--Rico

mr pink
02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
its heads up, you think you're behind but you have outs to improve... why would you want to put more cash in the pot?

just call the c/r and call the river UI cause you might be ahead.

kyzerjose
02-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Rico & Mr. P

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I was too hung up on getting the correct odds to call the hand. Messed up thinking is another way to say it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As it turns out, I did call the turn check raise and river bet. Lost to a flush. (Now there's a surprize!)

mr pink
02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
nice hand.