PDA

View Full Version : MTV and music videos

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 11:24 AM
So i stay up late/all night a lot.

MTV after hours is completely absurd. It is the only time they play videos and I have now seen:

50 cent- Candy Shop 4 times
The Game- How we do 3 times
Jennifer Lopez- some remix with fabolus 3 times
Green Day- Avenue of broken dreams 3 times
Usher- some song 2 times
Destiny's Child- Soldier remix 2 times

And 3 other songs TOTAL. If it weren't for the amazing reality TV on this channel I would [censored] despise it.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-24-2005, 11:25 AM
tv is 99% crap.

beerbandit
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
i didnt even know that mtv played videos anymore -- it seems they usually play all of those bullshit shows of people i dont know who they are

maybe theyll bring back beavis and butthead

cheers

Rushmore
02-24-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it weren't for the amazing reality TV on this channel I would [censored] despise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despise it anyway. It is one of the major contributors to the decline of Western Civilization.

Imagine a world without Britney or J. Lo, without P. Diddy or Justin Timberlake.

The only positive things MTV has contributed to our planet are Jackass and The Tom Green Show.

Imagine a world where Courtney Love was still just a sleazy punk chick in a decent band, opening for GBH or Dropkick Murphys in front of 300 people.

Harmony in the Universe.

wh1t3bread
02-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I can't even watch MTV anymore. I used to be able to watch Real World and Road Rules but now that MTV crams 20 minutes of commercials into a 30 minute show I see no real point.

Let's briefly review some of their other shows:

Real World vs. Road Rules Challenge - Can these people ever get real jobs...I mean some of these chicks have big [censored], I would hire them.

The Newly Weds - Jessica Simpson is definitely bangable, but I would have to brown bag it because her man-chin isnt doing it for me.

Made - Or whatever this show is called...how many times can we be forced to watch some 4 foot 11 mentally handicapped kid with glasses try to make his high school varsity basketball team?

Cribs - Seeing rich people's plasma tv's, swimming pools, and the inside of their fridge doesnt interest me in the slightest.

Pimp My Ride - Does anyone else just want to PIMP SLAP XZhibit?

My Sweet Sixteen - I actually happened to channel surf by this show last night. 16 year olds can only get me into trouble now so I had to keep flipping.

I think if I keep going with this I'm going to pop a blood vessel in my brain, so I'm going to stop now....

Wes ManTooth
02-24-2005, 11:43 AM
One think I like about mtv.... MTV news!

if it wasn't for those incredible, insightful news updates I just don’t know how I would how I would be so well informed about world and local events.

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 11:53 AM
add one more to Green Day, up to 4

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i didnt even know that mtv played videos anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

From 2am- 8ish weekdays

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Despise it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually love it. It is probably my 2nd favorite free cable channel (behind espn). Almost always good for a laugh.

[ QUOTE ]
It is one of the major contributors to the decline of Western Civilization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems a little extreme. You could argue that post ~'95 it has done some horrible things to the music industry, but so have many other mediums.

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine a world without Britney or J. Lo, without P. Diddy or Justin Timberlake.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have their place. I'm glad they're not playing what I like 50x a night.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
add one more to Green Day, up to 4

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised it's only 4. Maybe you took a shitbreak and they played it a couple times while you were out of the room?

beerbandit
02-24-2005, 12:01 PM
i see

well thats sleepy time for me

someone said something about pimp my ride, ive seen that show a few times and it seems pretty cool

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Real World vs. Road Rules Challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

I could argue passionately that this is the best show on tv (excluding HBO shows). Seriously. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My Sweet Sixteen

[/ QUOTE ]

And this would be its main contender if the season wasn't only 6 episodes.

There are some programmers/developers at Mtv who are definetly on top of things.

OhBoy!
02-24-2005, 02:07 PM
You mean to tell me they didn't show any Lil Jon videos? That's absurd. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ulysses
02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
I like that Laguna Beach show.

thatpfunk
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
unfortunately it ended...

but yes, that was genius as well. i hated it until i realized it was actually... real! we live in a wonderful, wonderful world.

Edge34
02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
<----

WHAT?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to tell me they didn't show any Lil Jon videos? That's absurd. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]