PDA

View Full Version : KJo, trips

wuarhg
02-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Absolutely no reads, not even PT reads. Who 3-bets or raises the river here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero raises..?

ToneLoc
02-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Good river raise IMO, given his preflop limp you probably have him outkicked, as he would have raised an KQ or AK...

stigmata
02-24-2005, 09:29 AM
I raise preflop, and try and get it 3-handed + you have position.

I like the flop raise, as it can look like your “pulling a move” to some players, and is just crying out for a lesser King to check-raise you on the turn. The plan seems to have worked perfectly, so why not follow it through?

I can’t see much that could go wrong really. Would villain raise KQ? Would he play K6? A cursory glance at his stats should alleviate any concerns here.

A set/full-house is the biggest worry I guess, if villain was a TAG then this seems like the most likely limping hand. I would find it hard to fold to a raise, so I might just call down if I respected villain???

Chris Daddy Cool
02-24-2005, 10:15 AM
i would raise preflop and 3-bet the turn.

Subby
02-24-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would raise preflop and 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Death to the limpers!

Chobohoya
02-24-2005, 10:42 AM
I raise preflop.

Since you didn't raise preflop, I like the flop raise. It seems like the faster I bet/raise here, the more I get called. Your mileage may vary.

I like the turn/river combo. I can't decide whether I cap his river 3bet or not. I probably would. Given no reads, it's unlikely that he has AK, and if he has K6/2/3, that's poker.

kiddo
02-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Yep!

wuarhg
02-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Wellywell, I raised the river, got 3-bet, called and got shown 66 /images/graemlins/blush.gif

spider
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
OK, I guess I'm the only one, but I hate the flop raise. Yeah, it's obvious to a good player what you are up to but the fact is a lot of these guys will call 1 bet but not 2, and they are just about drawing dead.

I also think animated gifs should be banned. Is it possible to turn these off in firefox or IE?