PDA

View Full Version : Was I crazy to fold this? (JAA and Homer specifically)

Abagadro
09-10-2002, 05:43 PM
2/4 TexasHTGameTable - Tue Sep 10 17:14:30 EDT 2002
Milan76 posts small blind (1)
toohotty posts big blind (2)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Abagadro [ Qc, Qh ]
Any2CanWin folds.
Eastie folds.
Abagadro raises (4)
gigga folds.
Homer_Jay folds.
OnlyDaNuts raises (6)
JAA1878 folds.
Predator folds.
Milan76 folds.
toohotty calls (4)
Abagadro calls (2)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ts, 3d, 9d ]
toohotty bets (2)
Abagadro raises (4)
OnlyDaNuts raises (6)
toohotty calls (4)
Abagadro calls (2)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8d ]
toohotty bets (4)
Abagadro folds.
OnlyDaNuts calls (4)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3c ]
toohotty bets (4)
OnlyDaNuts calls (4)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $51 | Rake: $2
Board: [ Ts 3d 9d 8d 3c ]
Predator didn't bet (folded)
Milan76 lost $1 (folded)
toohotty lost $20 [ Th Qs ] [ two pairs, tens and threes ]
Any2CanWin didn't bet (folded)
Eastie didn't bet (folded)
Abagadro lost $12 (folded)
gigga didn't bet (folded)
Homer_Jay didn't bet (folded)
OnlyDaNuts bet $20, collected $51, net +$31 [ Jc Jh ] [ two pairs, jacks and threes ]
JAA1878 didn't bet (folded)

Just thought for sure there was at least a pocket over mine in there somewhere if not a boat or the flush. How weak was this or did I just get fooled?

Homer
09-10-2002, 07:07 PM
I don't think you played it badly at all. After OnlyDaNuts three bet preflop and on the flop, what do you put him on? In my mind, he almost certainly must have KK, AA, or AKd. There is an outside chance that he has JJ or QQ (fairly unlikely since this was your hand). He knows that you raised preflop and on the flop, yet he still reraised on the flop. This says to me, "I'm not afraid of your pocket pair, because my pocket pair/huge draw is better." Once the flush/straight card comes on the turn, I can't conceive of you having a better hand than him. Additionally, toohotty could easily have a straight or two pair (even though he/she is a maniac), and you could easily get trapped in the middle of a raising war. In my mind, there is no way your pair is good here; dump it and move to the next hand. Even though you would have won this time, overall you will be better off by folding under such circumstances.

Abagadro
09-10-2002, 07:40 PM
You tracked my thinking exactly. Was wondering if you had a different sense from these particular players as you were at the table, which is why I addressed it to you specifically. Thanks for the reply.

Homer
09-10-2002, 09:00 PM
Basically I think toohotty is insanely loose, and ODN is above average but not great....good luck!

kimcatty
09-11-2002, 11:00 AM