PDA

View Full Version : ...good ol' college poker.

ZebraAss
02-24-2005, 07:28 AM
oKay, this was my first live game in months.

Small 1.00 - 5.00 buy in with friends .1/.2 blinds

Theses guys think they are good, they are okay.

Here are two amazing hands

#1. Nice river, eh?

I am sitting on about 8 dollars.
Everyone checks I am the BB with 76 off suit so i check.

FLoP: 2d 6s 6h

I check, UTG with 5.00 bets 50 cents. the Button(by far the best player other then me) calls. I call

Turn: 2h

I check, UTG bets 1 dollar, Button raises to 3 dollars. I call( very calmly, no one is really paying attention to me). UTG goes all in....Button freaks out.

He starts yelling and screaming( he lost with set of jacks to river straight, and another BS hand)...then he sits down again... he looks at me and says

"Are you calling because i am going to fold if you call."

I say, " Dude I dont know he went all in, I might probably wont if you call, but i seriously dont know" As i examine the board.

He then says... "ohhh but i have an awesome hand i cant fold this, I call."

Instantly I stand up and boldly state, " I'm all in."

As he looks down at his remaining $1.30, he says "I phucking hate you you bastard, man I have to call, I am on a draw."

Before he can put his chips in i say, "You are drawing dead."

He shoots me a glare and quickly folds.

UTG flips over K 6 vs my 7 6

I yell, "dang!." While everyone stands up. Two people over on the couch already know the river so when they see me flip over my cards they start laughing hysterically.

I say, "We split." They start saying, no if K or 7 comes up you don’t split it.

River : 7

I am sitting on 22.00. The k6 only bought in for 1 dollar which he turned into 5, so i busted his run. i felt bad.

Hand #2 Jesus christ! That is not right.

They deal out the hand, nothing interesting.

A few limpers. Then MP bets 40 cents. Button
raises to 1 dollar and stands up. He is shuffling the cards in his hand... AS THEY FALL TO THE GROUND. He manages to keep about 20 cards in his hand face down so no one can see.

MP says " We cant play this thats bull [censored]"

Buttons says "We still can play from these cards."

MP says "No thats not right, if we play this out I am all in, i am all in if we keep playing this hand."

Button starts going crazy because the flop was K 2 9 and he had k 2.

He looks at the ground and sees two Kings facing up.

He says, "damn it those are my kings."

MP says " I am all in if we play this"

3 minutes later Button calls.

MP shows over 3 4 hearts with one heart on the board.

Yep, you guessed it.

Runner...Runner...hearts. If the deck was one card off, no runner runner (most likely)

$19.00 pot.

...you can imagine how it was with 14 college students yelling and jumping around in a small lobby.

I ended up being up 28.00 of a 5.00 buy-in /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bodhi
02-24-2005, 03:31 PM
nice winnings. These games are some of the most profitable around if you can stand the drunkenness, slow decisions and glacial orbit of the button. I'm a college grad, but I play with grad students now who go to a small religious school two blocks from my apartment. Except for one, they tend to be some of the softest players I have ever met.

smoore
02-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Heh, those players don't get better into thier 30's... $80 profit this week from a $10 game and a $25 game. 'bout time I booked a win in town here.