PDA

View Full Version : another hand I'm not sure what to do

kdotsky
02-24-2005, 05:32 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1655)
CO (t1175)
Button (t1240)
SB (t2665)
BB (t4145)
Hero (t2620)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t2665</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t2170 (All-In).

The raiser hasn't done anything that has caught my attention yet, besides raise my BB and fold to my all-in.
Thoughts?

Terrabon98
02-24-2005, 05:35 AM
looks standard to me...if he has AA or KK, nothing you can do, but I don't see folding here unless this guy is a bigtime rock...but foldin AKs here is just not good

trainslayer
02-24-2005, 05:56 AM
All in is screaming "please don't call" which is why I get nervous about the reverse psych thing and dread seeing A's or K's or some other pair for that matter. But if that's the case so be it, I'll curse the poker gods later for putting me in this situation. Besides it's only $5.50 to try agin. /images/graemlins/grin.gif No way am I folding.

TheAmp
02-24-2005, 06:06 AM
Lets look at his range of hands. Most likely he has TT-AA or AK. AJ, AQ are not probable since he is not a maniac. Thus, its a split pot at best, huge underdog at worst, or a coin flip (very small underdog).

I wouldn't risk the tourney here. You should have better opportunities later. Bight the bullet.

trainslayer
02-24-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets look at his range of hands. Most likely he has TT-AA or AK. AJ, AQ are not probable since he is not a maniac. Thus, its a split pot at best, huge underdog at worst, or a coin flip (very small underdog).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like folding here. I'm in 3rd but not by that much. I thinks AQs or AJs is just as probable as TT-AA and I may not see anything near 'bout as good as AKs for a while. And it's getting into the later rounds. Blinds are fixin to start hurtin. And if I do hit I'm chip leader and in great position to win not slide.

On the other hand, I guess you do want to be the aggressor instead of the agressee. Not like I have to have a better hand later do some of my own agressing.

'Course I only play the $5.50 games because my experience and skill (read confidence and BR) don't allow anything higher.