PDA

View Full Version : where do you stand on the river action?

Jules22
02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
this river is open for a lot of debate i think....

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font> CALL OR CAP?

also, sorry for the multiple edits but your opponent is not your typical party idiot, but a reasonably good player

The-Matador
02-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Cap.

billyjex
02-24-2005, 05:08 AM
100% cap.

Elbie
02-24-2005, 05:18 AM
He doesn´t have AA and he doesn´t have A6. Other hands you´re behind are QQ, AQ, AJ. Would he have checked the turn with any of those hands? Well...possibly a whiffed checkraise but I think it is as likely that he has another holding that you beat.

I wouldn´t say a 100% cap. It is more like a flip of the coin.

applej25
02-24-2005, 05:31 AM
Cap and take your licks if you're beat but I doubt you are.

spydog
02-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Aside from 66, you have the worst possible full house and there are many full house hands that he raises from the CO (A6, AQ, AA, QQ, AJ) that beat you. Yea, he might be overplaying AK or a flush, but you said he's reasonable and that leans me toward calling the 3-bet.

Chairman Wood
02-24-2005, 05:46 AM
I think you forgot AJ?

Bob T.
02-24-2005, 05:46 AM
On this draw-ish board, I am not sure that I would check behind on the turn. The Ace didn't really hurt you, and I can imagine a lot of hands that my opponent might have, that would have called getting 8-1 on the flop, that I would like to see folded before the river comes.

On the river, I think you should cap, and one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that because it is a cap, you can be a little looser with your raise, because at this point, your opponent can't reraise you. So instead of needing to be a 2-1 favorite, you really only need to be a favorite for the cap to be correct.

Nate tha' Great
02-24-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On this draw-ish board, I am not sure that I would check behind on the turn. The Ace didn't really hurt you, and I can imagine a lot of hands that my opponent might have, that would have called getting 8-1 on the flop, that I would like to see folded before the river comes.

On the river, I think you should cap, and one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that because it is a cap, you can be a little looser with your raise, because at this point, your opponent can't reraise you. So instead of needing to be a 2-1 favorite, you really only need to be a favorite for the cap to be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say about the same thing. I cap here but I'm not sure that I'd cap if he could 5-bet, unless I was Chris Daddy Cool and would fold to the 5-bet.

Dopey
02-24-2005, 07:53 AM
There is no way based on how the betting went that I give him credit for the full house.

In a live game with no cap maybe I call (not wanting to put in two more bets if Im beat) but with a 4 bet cap I cap 100% of the time.

Given the action unless he truly was hoping to checkraise the turn I put him on either KQ /images/graemlins/club.gif or KT (possibly clubs but not nessacarily) or Ax. All represent hands that he would try to take the blinds with from LP and all hands he wouldn't come alive with until the river

I still think you really needed to bet this turn, there where too many draws and after being checked to twice too good a chance that your hand was good. Protect your hand.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jules22
02-24-2005, 09:01 PM
he showed down a strangely played AQ, missed the checkraise on the turn i guess. looking back on it vs this guy i would lean toward calling just because it looks like he was slowplaying me but missed a check raise on the turn. betting the turn here, as one poster suggested, seems horrendous to me because i really dont want to be checkraised here, and too often he has an ace or a queen.