PDA

View Full Version : ATo

therockofgibraltar
02-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Just started playing NL. Still a bit "scared" to go all-in and lose all the chips.

My read was that the other one was on a flush draw and the other had T with lower kicker than mine.

But when the board paired the second time I just check.

Should I push and if yes, when?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($10.95)
BB ($12.70)
UTG ($12.15)
UTG+1 ($11.80)
MP1 ($13.25)
MP2 ($4)
Hero ($4.90)
Button ($9.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
BB calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, dolishra calls $0.05, SB (poster) checks.

Flop: ($0.45) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
dolishra checks, SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG+1 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.45) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50.

River: ($7.95) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $7.95

Siawyn
02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Please please please don't min raise on a flop like that with TPTK. All you are doing is pricing everyone in to hang around.

Given that though, then you must bet the turn harder. Nobody has shown real strength. Bet 3/4ths up to the pot size - $3 would have been a good amount here.

The river check is good. No point in betting here, just see your showdown and hope one of them didnt have a 5 or a 3.

therockofgibraltar
02-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi!

And thanks for the advices!

I have a little trouble to know how much to bet! In pre-flop if everybody has folded to me, I raise 3-4*BB. But what if there are for example 3 callers and I want to raise. Should I raise the standard 3-4*BB (and not think about the money in the pot), or should I raise the amount currently in the pot or what?? (of course it depends but in general)

In the flop, I usually bet 1/2 - 1 pot, depending on the flop structure. But what if there is a raise before me (like in this AT hand). HOw much should I reraise (if I want to)? Any rule of thumbs like 4*the original raise?

Of course the bet amount depend on many things but in general...

gulebjorn
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I think you would avoid some of this trouble if you just raise to 4 or even 5 times the BB preflop. Yes, you have an early position limper, but at microlimits, this doesn't have to mean he has a stronger hand then yours. If you raise a decent amount and get callers pf, you can be pretty sure they have big cards like KJ and up or a pp, so unless they hit their set, you can be pretty sure you have TPTK on that flop. Unless someone called preflop with a weak ace and hit his second card like you did, but you shouldn't mind that, unless it's that five. But bet the pot on the flop. If you get callers but no raises, see the turn and if that five comes up, bet the same amount. If you still get callers, check the river. If someone raises, they probably have that five, so you could fold, unless you have a very good reason to think they might be bluffing you out. Even if someone bets the river, you should think about calling. I see people drawing to their overcards or tiny pocket pairs a LOT, even at 0.50-1$ NL, and these are the people you make money off with TPTK. A busted flush draw is also very possible here.

I have little experience myself, so please burn down this post if i'm wrong. This is just the way i think i might play it.