PDA

View Full Version : i folded the winning hand in a 16BB pot

stillbr
02-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

bad fold?

milesdyson
02-24-2005, 03:47 AM
Raise the river. Did you think BB bet the flop with AJ or J9 (or for that matter, that Button coldcalled 2 on the flop with one of these)?

And, I forgot, don't say you lost the hand, although this is a pretty easy raise mang.

zeropotential
02-24-2005, 03:51 AM
River : All we know about the BB is that he liked the flop enough to get out, but slowed on the turn. The only hands that I can see betting this way that beat us are AT.. and maybe J9. TT too but I doubt that he would have stayed this long with it. After the BB bets I'd want to raise, but the potential of two overcallers would lead me to just call. When it comes back to me 3 bet you have to call this b/c of the size of the pot, your sign of weakness may have induced the raises

Edit: All the above was with the mindset that this was a 10 handed game. (I don't know how 6-max plays so I'm in no position to say anything about that)

pointcount
02-24-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

reubenf
02-24-2005, 03:53 AM
You lost me at [ QUOTE ]
(6 max, 7 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

milesdyson
02-24-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the BB bets I'd want to raise, but the potential of two overcallers

[/ QUOTE ]
Only one overcaller.

bottomset
02-24-2005, 03:54 AM
BB either hit KT or is on desperation bluff
so you raise top2 ... you'll learn more about the action afterwards

stillbr
02-24-2005, 03:56 AM
I think this is a situation where I want an overcall. here is my thinking:

If i raise it will knockout a medeoker?sp? hand from the guy behind me. and if the origional better does have me beat it costs me 2BB. If i win I win 2 BB.

If i just call it is more likely for the guy to act behind me to call. If I lose to the origional better it costs me 1BB. If i win i gain 2BB

Is this not a situation to try for an overcall?

zeropotential
02-24-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the BB bets I'd want to raise, but the potential of two overcallers

[/ QUOTE ]
Only one overcaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, good point. You should raise the turn with this fact in mind, correct?

... How about if there were two potential callers behind you that had yet to show aggression, what would you do then?

einbert
02-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Yes, bad fold. Is this some sort of prank or something? Are you connected with that guy that posted the "I folded KK on an AAKxx board in a 15/30 hand, was it a NLD?" hand?

Sorry to be mean if this is serious, but come on man. You know better than to be folding this here.

stillbr
02-24-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why the converter did that...it was 10 handed

stillbr
02-24-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, bad fold. Is this some sort of prank or something? Are you connected with that guy that posted the "I folded KK on an AAKxx board in a 15/30 hand, was it a NLD?" hand?

Sorry to be mean if this is serious, but come on man. You know better than to be folding this here.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm .. i dont think its as bad as folding KK on an AAK flop

So with 2 cold back to me this is an easy call every time?

stillbr
02-24-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a situation where I want an overcall. here is my thinking:

If i raise it will knockout a medeoker?sp? hand from the guy behind me. and if the origional better does have me beat it costs me 2BB. If i win I win 2 BB.

If i just call it is more likely for the guy to act behind me to call. If I lose to the origional better it costs me 1BB. If i win i gain 2BB

Is this not a situation to try for an overcall?

[/ QUOTE ]

can i get some comments on my thinking here

milesdyson
02-24-2005, 04:06 AM
There is a case for an overcall, but the way I see it is unless BB has J/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif or A/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif, you have him beaten, and you are not guaranteed that Button will overcall with what could be a busted straight or flush draw.

I'm raising this river because I want the sure extra BB out of BB, because I love raising, and because I don't terribly mind calling a 3-bet.

With more than one possible overcaller, just calling becomes more desireable. BTW, reads help with making decisions like this.