PDA

View Full Version : RECALLING A BET

09-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Resently on a trip to laughlin i was playing 1-5 stud at the Colorado Belle. the following happened to me. If you all would, can i get some insite on how you would read this and what would you do.

I was heads up against a young loose player. It was easy to see that he was new to the game. Most hands he played he played to the river. With little ragards to how the other players played.

I was trying to show streangth with ace king showing, but only with a small pair in the hole. When he fired a $2 bet. In my attempt to read him, i reached for my stack and thru in 2 chips. the dealer said $4 raise. I looked down and saw that i had put in a five and a one dollar chips. i quickly recalled my mistake. On the next card, my hand didn't improve and the other guy fired a $5 bet. needless to say i had to fold.

The guy to my right said after your mistake i would have done the same thing. meaning the $5 bet. He said you should have left your bet in, not said any thing and hope he would have took that as strength.

I then realised that i have my hand away be recalling my bet. I then thought, I think i've done this before and not realised what info this may have goven my aponents in the past.

09-10-2002, 05:07 PM
When you call, you are giving away that you didn't mean to raise just as surely as if you accidentally raised and then brought it back to a call. The only thing you are giving away here is that you didn't call by accident meaning to raise. I wouldn't lose any sleep.